Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB GROUP BUY #3: 3rd brake light flasher modules $35 SHIPPED EACH

Trader history for OffTheWall503 (0)

Not to hijack but I was on the first gb and don't plan on installing it anymore. If anyone misses this one message me and I can sell it for the same gb price.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
A few more days to sign up. Starting to also collect payments from those who signed up.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Just an update, even though we will be short a few people this time around, you can still get the group buy price. Either PM me for purchase or you can now use my new website here:

https://www.stbrakeflashers.com/shop-1/

For group buy pricing, use GroupBuyFast or GroupBuySlow at checkout.

Order#00002! Haha

Great to see you started a website!

I should have asked before I made the purchase but what are the chances of this working on other cars? I want to get something like this for my fianc?e's new Forester.

Thanks for the hook up!

Bluedrank

Hey quick question from the previous group buy. If we want the slower flashing, we just clip the blue and white wires right?

rebelx

Yes sir, that's correct.
Hey! I got your info about the groupbuy on the focusfanatics forums. I drive a 14 SE Focus sedan with the third brake light that looks like this.

I'm interested in purchasing a unit (not sure whether fast or slow is better for my tail lights).

From your site, you write: "Not long after the research conducted by the NHTSA, California made it a requirement for all new vehicles to offer a 3rd brake light flasher module." Do you happen to know the code section where you're getting that information from? I think it'd be really handy to have just in case we get pulled over. I've only ever seen one other car in the wild with a flashing third brake light, and that was a WRX with what appeared to be a custom bumper/light set up.

Also, as I'm not mechanically inclined, I'm going to reach out to another forum member I know that's worked on some other stuff on my car to see how much he'd charge to install the flasher module. Is the 3/6/17 a hard cut off for the $35 price?

Feel free to respond on here or on focusfanatics. Same nick there!

EDIT: Most importantly, I looked at your writing diagram where it mentions cutting power wire--is there any device I can use that will keep the power wire intact without any cutting (maybe some sort of tap)? If so, do you mind linking me? I'd like to keep the car as stock as possible with minimal cutting.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
It looks like I was misinformed about the California code for the third brake light flashing device, but rather that dealers must at least offer the safety device on all new vehicle purchases.

Concerning your Focus, it will work just the same. Unfortunately since you have to make a cut in the power wire I haven't found a way to make it plug and play but I include the male/female connectors that go on each end of the cut power wire, so it can easily be reverted back to stock by using the connectors.

For now, I have extended the group buy date to the 11th.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #40
Hello everyone! Group buy ended today. It was open a little longer than the previous ones because it was a group buy on here, FocusST.org and on Facebook owners groups. In total, I sold over 120 flasher units. I will get through the orders as quickly as possible, going in order based on when orders were placed. I would say that I should have them all out in less than 2 weeks.