Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

1960s Black License Plate

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I ordered a couple custom plates 5 months ago online from the DMV and so far not a word back. Went to DMV to check and the lady said it takes 6- 8 months and that she waited about just as long for her plates too. This was 3 months ago...

I know that the 6 months haven't passed yet but I'm wondering if any of you who may already have this plate can give some feedback on this and maybe let me know if I should check anyway. Thanks!

Mine took about 4 months. You'll get a letter in the mail stating that they have come in and are ready for pick up. Just be patient and don't forget to make an appointment. You'll need your current registration and old plates for the exchange.

OP
neeqness

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. You reminded me to post a followup here.

I got my plates in March. Just in time for my trip. Got lots of complements on it. Even a state trooper passing by slowed and cruised behind me for awhile to check them out, lol. (I guess he could have been checking my out of state tags but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Anyway the more I look at it, the more I like it. It really complements the car and almost enough so that I don't mind having a plate on the front...well...almost.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
[MENTION=4988]neeqness[/MENTION],

BTW, the retro black plates were originally issued in California from 1963 to 1969.
In the 1950's the plates were yellow with black letters and numbers.

Dave

OP
neeqness

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
[MENTION=4988]neeqness[/MENTION],

BTW, the retro black plates were originally issued in California from 1963 to 1969.
In the 1950's the plates were yellow with black letters and numbers.

Dave
Thanks for the info. I really didn't know anything about this (though my Dad and uncle told me when they saw them that they were out around that time)...I called this 1950 because that's what the DMV calls it. Legacy 1950 if I remember right.

Oh wait...I was wrong. It is Legacy 1960. Unfortunately, I can't correct it now. Thanks again anyway though.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Thanks for the info. I really didn't know anything about this (though my Dad and uncle told me when they saw them that they were out around that time)...I called this 1950 because that's what the DMV calls it. Legacy 1950 if I remember right.

Oh wait...I was wrong. It is Legacy 1960. Unfortunately, I can't correct it now. Thanks again anyway though.

I am sure it was just a mispronunciation error, after all, they do sound the same.

I fixed it.

Dave

OP
neeqness

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I am sure it was just a mispronunciation error, after all, they do sound the same.

I fixed it.

Dave
Thanks.