Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I have the injen intake, really loud induction suction noise and not much of a power increase expect for a smoother top end above 5k rpm. And much better turbo response and throttle response amen

iso100

1000 Post Club
I'm curious, the Injen and FSWerks intakes seem very similar in build with the only difference I can detect is the size and shape of the heat shield.

The FS is $50 more expensive. Is there some reason to go FSWerks over Injen?

I'm still curious why both shields close up the hole facing the ground where there's likely a nice amount of fresh air and neither make a nice seal on the left side of the filter.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I'm curious, the Injen and FSWerks intakes seem very similar in build with the only difference I can detect is the size and shape of the heat shield.

The FS is $50 more expensive. Is there some reason to go FSWerks over Injen?

I'm still curious why both shields close up the hole facing the ground where there's likely a nice amount of fresh air and neither make a nice seal on the left side of the filter.
Nope, you nailed it.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Nope, you nailed it.
Thanks. Now I'm wondering if a chrome finish (although gaudy, IMO) reflects more heat than painted/wrinkle. If nothing else it will be easier to install from what I've heard due to not having to remove the wrinkle finish from the hose barb fittings.

When I get the Injen (see, I've already made up my mind) the first thing I will do is find an elbow to put the filter down in the spot the airbox used to occupy. Then I'll go drive around logging intake temps on the AP to compare to the shield and no 90...

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I was thinking of the Injen one but I want to wait and see what Cobb releases first, as many of the rest of us are. Ha.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I was thinking of the Injen one but I want to wait and see what Cobb releases first, as many of the rest of us are. Ha.
The Cobb Intake setup utilizes the OEM lower airbox and both utilize a similar hardpipe intake arm setup. Between the two, I think the Cobb unit has better heat shielding properties because of its basically sticking a cone into that cavernous lower airbox and seals it- any true sealed airbox intake will be the more consistent performer. The Injen intake works great when the car is moving at speed and if you help seal up the heat shield better, or modify the injen unit further by rerouting the intake inlet further after relocating the airbox.

The Injen Intake, I think, will provide a louder "blow off valve" kind of noise and due to slightly less restriction might have slightly better tip-in response, but that's simply down to the inlet. If you want a Red intake I would probably go Injen. lol. Outside of that, the intake you choose is up to you, but between those two choices they're going to be fairly similar and I think I've given you a realistic idea of what to expect, having had the Injen intake on my car for a few months (I gave mine to a friend and it's on his Fiesta ST now) since I will need to produce Cobb's official "how to" vid for the intake.

Both are great products and will be a great compliment to an AccessPORT.

HaveBlue83

Cobb is getting redic with the wait time...the damn thing was on the TF SEMA car...same setup...same stuff......and it's STILL not released. C'MON COBB, every month it's "end of this month" for MONTHS now! Yes, I'm anxious, but srsly, lets go.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Cobb is getting redic with the wait time...the damn thing was on the TF SEMA car...same setup...same stuff......and it's STILL not released. C'MON COBB, every month it's "end of this month" for MONTHS now! Yes, I'm anxious, but srsly, lets go.
Testify Brother. Can the FiST community get an amen?
ive been harping that same tune for months now.

also at the end of this month i heard Cobb may be releasing stage 7. no 2-4-5-6 though. [giddy]

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
The Cobb Intake setup utilizes the OEM lower airbox and both utilize a similar hardpipe intake arm setup. Between the two, I think the Cobb unit has better heat shielding properties because of its basically sticking a cone into that cavernous lower airbox and seals it- any true sealed airbox intake will be the more consistent performer. The Injen intake works great when the car is moving at speed and if you help seal up the heat shield better, or modify the injen unit further by rerouting the intake inlet further after relocating the airbox.

The Injen Intake, I think, will provide a louder "blow off valve" kind of noise and due to slightly less restriction might have slightly better tip-in response, but that's simply down to the inlet. If you want a Red intake I would probably go Injen. lol. Outside of that, the intake you choose is up to you, but between those two choices they're going to be fairly similar and I think I've given you a realistic idea of what to expect, having had the Injen intake on my car for a few months (I gave mine to a friend and it's on his Fiesta ST now) since I will need to produce Cobb's official "how to" vid for the intake.

Both are great products and will be a great compliment to an AccessPORT.
I'm going to go with the Cobb one unless they just don't deliver performance wise, but I just don't see that happening.

TW@

Just installed my injen intake yesterday. Goddam that thing was a bish to install but all the bruises and bloody knuckles were worth it. That turbo swoosh brings a smile to my face every time[:)]

HaveBlue83

Testify Brother. Can the FiST community get an amen?
ive been harping that same tune for months now.

also at the end of this month i heard Cobb may be releasing stage 7. no 2-4-5-6 though. [giddy]

Hahahhahaha THIS.

so.....stage 1,2,3 on the road......parts for stage 1 & 3, and tune for 1. DAFUQ?! How about you have that chicken man stop shytting out cobb knobs and make things in order........since you have had stage 1-3 fabbed upp since SEMA last year. *ball drop*. I might just get an airtec fmic and an injen intake. Will be cheaper too. Cobb needs to understand that there are impatient people with cash that want mods, and they will go elsewhere with said cash if you don't deliver!

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
I understand the r/d behind wanting to get it right but saying we are impatient is not true, its been dangling in our faces since last year. Or it could be a ploy to say " this is why ot costs more"

HaveBlue83

yeah i hear ya. I just got my car 4 weeks ago, so I am, but there are others that have been waiting since last sept for this. Like I said, people will go elsewhere after so long of a wait. it's a shame tho. I'm guessing COBB will want $1,000 for a fmic and some pipes and $3-350 for an intake too. I'm just glad I got my AP for $400 shipped and that was costly enough. $500 is hella pricey.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Ive had my car since last year believe me ive been waiting.
So have many of the first forum members.

HaveBlue83

I just find it ironic that they had the catback out for so long and its the last thing the car needs in the staged upgrades.

If u want a cobb style intake, buy the injen for $220, buy a 90deg coupler and a short straight pipe to put it into the stock box area and use sheet steel and drill holes to make a cover (if it will fit). Done. Im looking in to that now.

We wanna buy the cobb quality parts, stop making this hard.