Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HaveBlue83

eXXXactly.

I can get the Injen for $213 shipped off ebay, right now. I am SURE the Cobb will be $300 range. They have white, and that's the only thing I really like more. Cobb is about to lose another intake sale tonight and Injen will gain one.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Im still gonna hold out as i bought the stage 1, then they added rmm to the stage 1 and re-released it. So im going to wait for stage 2 then 3. And once i know they not going to add something else to it then ill buy 2 and 3. Not getting suckered again.

HaveBlue83

Just pulled the trigger on the Injen kit. Can't go wrong for the price. I will get a Garrett core FMIC down the line so any small temp increase will be null after the charge is cooled. The injen is for better flow to the turbo anyways :).

Snooze ya Looze Cobb!

iso100

1000 Post Club
It said "sale item, closeout" so i think they only had one chrome and one black.
Crap. Oh well. Guess I'll be waiting for Cobb's intake and I'm fine with that after how quickly Braden resolved the Rev-hang issue I complained about.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Get some peal and stick heat sheild, gold is the best but costly, aluminum based works really well, at least do the underside but best to do the whole thing near the exhaust manifold and past it on the drivers side and then down to the turbo on passenger side. Also not a bad idea to do some of the charge pipe out of the turbo. AND, wrap or at least heat shield the aftermarket DP.

I also completely wrapped the pipe that feeds into the throttle body as it gets heated up by the radiator.

HaveBlue83

I have some silver tape. Maybe i will do some gold down the line. This prolly works better for looks than function, but we have a logger to check if we wanna get reallly technical. Around the exhaust area is def a consideration tho.

Edit: shipping says it will be here on or about friday. I will post up pics :)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Heat shield tape really does work, race grade stuff I have used for years does help quite a bit, gold is better but not hugely so.

I have the silver/fiber based, aluminum, tape, 1.5" wide or so, I cut it into .75" strips, 8 ft long, to make it easier to wrap around the bends of the pipe.

I learned how to wrap back in the 70's when road racing bicycles.

Even better but more effort, use the 1/8" or so thick fiberglass/aluminum tape, (I have it in sheet form, expensive, great stuff!)

HaveBlue83

Injen is in. Not disappointed at all! Awesome quality stuff and a great sound
IAT's are ~ 10deg over ambiant. Throttle response is def snappier too :). Install was 45min time.

Injen is in. Not disappointed at all! Awesome quality stuff and a great sound
IAT's are ~ 10deg over ambiant. Throttle response is def snappier too :). Install was 45min time.
Grrrrrr! So FRUSTRATING! I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out for Cobb! If they don't release their intake at the end of this month, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to jump ship and get an Injen. REALLY want to hear the little turbo doing its thing. This car is too quiet otherwise :)~ Big difference in sound you say, huh?

HaveBlue83

Oh yeah. You hear all the spool noises and the bpv working. Topend seems a lil harder hitting too. Compliments the AP low end improvements. Worth noting that i hooked the symposer back up after a short drive. Stock exhaust = you need the symposer for some grunt.

sssssssssssSSSSSPSHHH :)

So I want the Injen intake. but now I am torn, do I want red or chrome. I don't like the black. I don't like the stock look. So far I got 2 votes on red. I have the molten orange fiesta if that helps.
Also, I got a vote to go with Fswerks...I don't plan on it, but it's a vote for it if that matters.

Any votes?

So I want the Injen intake. but now I am torn, do I want red or chrome. I don't like the black. I don't like the stock look. So far I got 2 votes on red. I have the molten orange fiesta if that helps.
Also, I got a vote to go with Fswerks...I don't plan on it, but it's a vote for it if that matters.

Any votes?
My vote is RED! It'll stand out more?. :)

Any update on Cobb's intake? From anybody and/or Cobb themselves??
Cobb is so friggin' tight lipped concerning their intake. They read the threads and for whatever reason comment on EVERY other question and inquiry reference their products, negating the ones concerning their FiST intake development. I LOVE Cobb's quality, but as much quality reviews as I've read reference Injen, if Cobb doesn't release their intake at the end of this month, I'm jumping to the Injen camp.

I'm also pining away for Cobb's intake. With that and the exhaust, the car will sound amazing. Do the intakes also amplify the sucking and spooling noises as much as the bypass sneezing? I love the sound of the Mclaren p1 in Jay Leno's Garage video, he just can't get enough of hearing the turbos do their thing.