Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My understanding is that it what modeled after the Mountune CAI for the ST200 - which put the added intake pipe in a similar location. There wasnt a different mount point for the pipe, per se.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
My understanding is that it what modeled after the Mountune CAI for the ST200 - which put the added intake pipe in a similar location. There wasnt a different mount point for the pipe, per se.
Yes, they are basically identical. One is aluminum, one is plastic. The bottom hose should be routed so it sits right behind the fog light. The car gets two intakes; one low and outside the engine bay, the other high, also outside the engine bay.
This prevents it from sucking in water.
Great for hard use in rally racing, or just dealing with a flooded street.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It mounts to a Halo LED Fog light with an Air inlet in the center like i have just sitting in my Garage that i ran for years From GreyFiST* :cool:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just wanted to add our experience with the K&N filter or any other filter that requires "recharging" with an oil base fluid. If one cleans these filters and does not add the correct about of oil to their filter, nor allows the filter to cure properly, they risk chances of contaminating the Mass air flow sensor. Apparently we're not as particular about how we clean and oil these filters because we've had to replace one sensor and use mass air flow sensor cleaner on another sensor. We've since switched to the WIX filter as the accordion shaped filtration is half the size of the Motorcraft brand. Which increases the air flow into your engine. Although this is a good thread on intake systems, we would avoid using any sort of filter that needs to be oiled.
These cars are MAP based not MAF* The MAF sensor is used for Temp monitoring. I have ran Green filters...K&n Filters and Dry filters. Never had an issue after cleaning and re-oil. But i have seen others Douche the Oil based ones and wonder why their car runs like a pile of hot trash.

Last edited:

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
That's where we stuff it, but where did Ford stuff it? I know this is a mostly North American forum, but I was hoping there might be some kind of European that knew for sure.

To answer your question of where did "Ford" stuff it the answer in the USA is Ford never touched the MP-215 kit by law. The Mountune MP-215 kit is what is installed here in the USA. Ford Motor Company does nothing with it as it could not be installed at the factory due to weird EPA laws that require less testing for add-on devices compared to "factory" installation. Buy your car and have it installed where you want for warranty. It is installed by an independent Ford dealer (shaky at best), NOT Ford Motor Company or an ASE mechanic for warranty coverage or DIY for non warranty coverage. Following instructions will place the hose where it is designed to be if installed correctly, near the fog light for a cold air intake.
The intake and K&N filter, stock size, improves the air flow and adds cold air that the cones do not do, they use hot under hood air. I'm sure it is quieter than the cones and that was a consideration in the kit. I believe Mountune got it right for the stock engine with the MP-215's 215 hp level. Going higher? You MAY need more air flow than the stock/MP-215 box, that is another debate. I have been very satisfied with the MP-215 package and the re-map really woke up the car nicely for me. 7 years running it now and it has been great. I have used K&N filters for all my cars since they came out. Never an issue, my BMW 320 iS went 330K miles and never opened the engine. Ran great when we donated it to a charity that got much more than retail price for it and we got a great tax deduction, LOL! Was the MP-215 a factory installed product in the EU?
Fist On!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Was the MP-215 a factory installed product in the EU?
Essentially it was. The higher performance ST200 version of our car that came out only in Europe used the same or a substantially identical tune as our MP215. It also used the same airbox, only in plastic instead of the MP 215's aluminum, but with the exact same design and function.
I read that Ford had worked so closely with Mountune in developing the factory authorized and warranty friendly MP215 tune that it actually retained some of the intellectual property rights, and thus was able to use the tune and airbox for the higher performance factory version that it sold in Europe .
So, for those looking for a factory intake upgrade, you can either get the ST200 plastic airbox from Whoosh, or you can get the MP215 aluminum airbox version from Mountune.

https://mountuneusa.com/products/mountune-induction-upgrade-kit-fiesta-st

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/products/fiesta-st200-airbox-w-cold-air-feed-hose

Last edited:
Yeah, the ST200 was a limited run straight from Ford, which prompted my question. Sounds like it all just ends up at the same place in the end though. Glad everyone had some info to add.

St200 differences | Fiesta ST Forum

This is a decent writeup hosted right on our own forums.

My friend is offering to buy me the 2J because she thinks it would be better if my car was louder, but I still personally lean to the ST200 simply for being OEM+. Is the diverter oil smell still a problem as I've seen mentioned before? I'm not one to decline free stuff, but that, having to modify the cowl and buy the older evap harness does influence me a little bit.

Still on the stock crossover too (despite being s280... it's a little restrictive), they seem mostly the same, but any opinions on which is favored?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
My friend is offering to buy me the 2J because she thinks it would be better if my car was louder, but I still personally lean to the ST200 simply for being OEM+. Is the diverter oil smell still a problem as I've seen mentioned before? I'm not one to decline free stuff, but that, having to modify the cowl and buy the older evap harness does influence me a little bit.

Still on the stock crossover too (despite being s280... it's a little restrictive), they seem mostly the same, but any opinions on which is favored?
Have you ever heard a 2J? There are loud intakes, then there is the 2J. It does offer an advantage by not having a crossover pipe on top of the hot exhaust manifold, but the cone filter is small so not sure how much airflow benefit vs st200.

Have you ever heard a 2J? There are loud intakes, then there is the 2J. It does offer an advantage by not having a crossover pipe on top of the hot exhaust manifold, but the cone filter is small so not sure how much airflow benefit vs st200.
I've not heard one in person. I liked my car when it was basically straight piped for a number of weeks so I may tolerate the extra noise just fine. Free.99 is a pretty big motivator to try it.

I've read it generally has the lowest IATs, and to some degree intake size sounds like it's not as big an issue being forced induction (within reason). I'm not big on cone filters, especially not one in the bay, but I could be willing to try where it goes.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I've not heard one in person. I liked my car when it was basically straight piped for a number of weeks so I may tolerate the extra noise just fine. Free.99 is a pretty big motivator to try it.

I've read it generally has the lowest IATs, and to some degree intake size sounds like it's not as big an issue being forced induction (within reason). I'm not big on cone filters, especially not one in the bay, but I could be willing to try where it goes.
It’s worth a shot then if you don’t mind lots of noise. It will definitely help temps. Make sure you get a filter sock to prevent water from getting sucked in as well.

It’s worth a shot then if you don’t mind lots of noise. It will definitely help temps. Make sure you get a filter sock to prevent water from getting sucked in as well.
I suspect I'll get tired of it, but hopefully the novelty is worth it for however long I have it for. Then sell it and go with probably the ST200

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I suspect I'll get tired of it, but hopefully the novelty is worth it for however long I have it for. Then sell it and go with probably the ST200
How good are you at troubleshooting shit that doesn’t fit properly? I have a 3” diameter 2J lying around but it’s been modified specifically for my turbo kit so it’ll require figuring out how to extend it via a coupling and some more 3” silicone plumbing so it fits your turbo

How good are you at troubleshooting shit that doesn’t fit properly? I have a 3” diameter 2J lying around but it’s been modified specifically for my turbo kit so it’ll require figuring out how to extend it via a coupling and some more 3” silicone plumbing so it fits your turbo
I like to think I'm pretty good at it but I'm also very prone to starting and never finishing troubleshooting lol. It would depend on how much you want for it, and if I'll actually finish making it work

I installed a K&N cold air intake and now my CEL is coming on every few weeks for a small evap leak during boost. I made sure all the connections for the hoses were tight so I’m just wondering if anyone else has this issue with similar intakes and what could be done to fix it