Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Product: whoosh motorsports FMIC $349.99 FREE SHIPPING

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Just installed my V2 - I used cobb's instructions which were mostly pertinent. Post-install I have a hard time getting over 12 degrees above ambient, and that was lugging the engine like a butthead trying to get it to heat up. Ambient 39, cruising at 44ish, 49 under load. Did manage to get significantly higher after sitting in one spot, but that was in traffic with a truck's exhaust blowing into my front grill. Build quality is great, the coating looks great, and this thing is *beefy*.

Can the bracket in my image be safely set aside, or should it be modified and reinstalled?
Also I had a multi-day gap between disassembly and reassembly, if I left the bracket out, I think I still have one extra fastener in this picture (and I used the whoosh cap-screws+washers on the bottom of the IC). Can you confirm if I am a potato-brain or not? I can tear it all back down to verify but if you say "yep those are leftovers" that'd be great :p

Just installed my V2 - I used cobb's instructions which were mostly pertinent. Post-install I have a hard time getting over 12 degrees above ambient, and that was lugging the engine like a butthead trying to get it to heat up. Ambient 39, cruising at 44ish, 49 under load. Did manage to get significantly higher after sitting in one spot, but that was in traffic with a truck's exhaust blowing into my front grill. Build quality is great, the coating looks great, and this thing is *beefy*.

Can the bracket in my image be safely set aside, or should it be modified and reinstalled?
Also I had a multi-day gap between disassembly and reassembly, if I left the bracket out, I think I still have one extra fastener in this picture (and I used the whoosh cap-screws+washers on the bottom of the IC). Can you confirm if I am a potato-brain or not? I can tear it all back down to verify but if you say "yep those are leftovers" that'd be great :p

It's only helping to hold up the lower air valence thing. I was able to fit my intercooler with it installed, but I didn't see it as necessary.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #283
should change the title of this thread to $299 FREE SHIPPING

we just brought in more of these than ever before, literally tons lol
the OG style V1 28"L X 6.25"H X 3"W polished and black