Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Product: whoosh motorsports FMIC $349.99 FREE SHIPPING

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Guys.....

I know my price is $20 higher than the competition "BUT" I have a forum coupon code for 5% that you can use that brings you down to the same price

And you don't have to wait 2-3 weeks for my intercoolers, I have them[nutkick]

Awww i didn't know about this code when i ordered :(.

Also, any idea when these will start shipping out? Will I receive a email with tracking?

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
I agree with this
Aside from the fact that the OEM crash bar should remain intact

I love the look and have made tubular chromoly replacements for my SRT-4's but the masses don't want to replace that part due to insurance reasons
The stepped cores the Euro guys get are sweet
That's what this market needs in my opinion if you need a core larger than the OEM location replacement unit like I'm selling in this thread
Agree but without the air cooling from the crash bar being in the way, the gain is nill.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #65
Awww i didn't know about this code when i ordered :(.

Also, any idea when these will start shipping out? Will I receive a email with tracking?
tonight or tomorrow
I jumped the gun a bit - these were stuck in customs
they are in whooshy paws now

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #66
ok everyone

1st - thank you for the great kick off of this product

I've run through a literal ton of these
My first shipment is all BUT GONE

I have : 2 polished core intercoolers and 1 black core intercoolers left IN STOCK for immediate shipping
More are on the way but will not ship until late next week
Act now for quick shipping.....

And remember
use coupon code FIST5 to save 5% on your order [party]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #67
for a limited time,

until my stock is gone

these intercoolers will ship with (2) FREE whoosh decals of your choice (colors available are : yellow, red, mint green, and blue)
+ a whoosh t-shirt for $10 (a $24.99 value)

PM me for details

new whoosh shirts are in stock and ready to rock

[party]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #68
1 Polished core
1 Black core

left in stock for immediate shipping

Just got mine today from the brown Santa.... Excellent packaging. It arrived all in one piece. Can't wait to put this on the car this weekend. Thanks Ron!

brbauer2

Mine's still on the truck waiting to be delivered.

Probably would have been easier just to find it at work last night when it got sorted through my building.
I work @UPS

Edit
Just got it! Packaged amazingly and can't wait to get it put on!

Anyone else having trouble getting this thing in...? I'm having trouble gettin thd bottom plastic deflector back on underneath the IC.

Here's what I've come up with.... The tabs on the bottom side that get the bolts through them need to be welded 1/8"-3/16" lower than where the are. They are too high and not letting the cooler push up all the way. The top tabs, where you slip the rubber bumpers on, will not push up all the way because the bottom tabs are too high... That 1/8"-3/16" are what's keeping the intercooler from being pushed up that small amount to get the plastic trim in underneath....
So now that the cars in my driveway, completely disassembled, I gotta figure something out since I don't have access to a welder....

I know with my mtc I had to remove the center mounting bracket for the lower shield (the middle of 3 brackets that the ic has to squeeze on top of). Luckily ford made that bracket bolt on!

I should have taken pictures. But there was no way the middle bracket would fit. It's been months since my install and everything is tight and no rattles so the missing bracket has had no impact.

Not sure if that's what you are running into or not!

No but thanks... I notched that bracket so it would fit back on there...
The bottom holes have rubber grommets in them that act like "isolators" for vibration purposes... I remove this and the cooler pushes all the way up. I had to pull those brackets off and I'm gonna jb weld some nuts on the backside to screw the bolts into that hold that bottom tab... I'm guessing those grommets were not included in the measurement from tab to tab. Or QC was a little off on mine. Either way, it's going in since my car is in pieces...

brbauer2

No but thanks... I notched that bracket so it would fit back on there...
The bottom holes have rubber grommets in them that act like "isolators" for vibration purposes... I remove this and the cooler pushes all the way up. I had to pull those brackets off and I'm gonna jb weld some nuts on the backside to screw the bolts into that hold that bottom tab... I'm guessing those grommets were not included in the measurement from tab to tab. Or QC was a little off on mine. Either way, it's going in since my car is in pieces...
Go to know. Won't be getting mine on for a bit. Pictures would be great if you can.

Sent from my OnePlus 3

Screenshot_2017-02-26-16-40-02.png
This is the top tab with the post. You remove the rubber plug from.the oem and slip it on top of the post of the new one. This pic shows that the intercooler needed to be pushed up just a little further but couldn't because the lower tabs were up tight already...

Screenshot_2017-02-26-16-39-35.png
My solution was to remove this bracket from the car (2 bolts). The side facing you goes in against the car. There was a rubber isolator in the notch where i have the bolt now. After removing it, the IC could be pushed up the extra 1/8"-3/16" it needed. But since the rubber grommet had a threaded sleeve in it to catch the bolt that mounts the bottom tabs of the IC, i had to come up with a new way to secure the bottom tabs. That's where the bolt comes in... I slipped in in the notch the grommet came out of and reinstalled these brackets in the car. once in the car, the opening is on the backside up against the car so the bolt isn't gonna fall out. Then I pushed the IC up one side at a time and kinda wiggled it to get the bolt to drop through the hole of the tab. Lock washer, nut and a little pressure to hold the bolt still and it was in.

I got the bottom trim back in but I had to remove the center bracket that holds that bottom air damn. I notched it with my dremel so it would clear the bottom of the IC. In an above post, it's mentioned that the bracket was removed and not used. I didnt want to omit this altogether so I clearanced the bracket. Sorry, no pic of this.

Screenshot_2017-02-26-16-38-31.png
Now came time to reattach the bottom air dam to the bracket that holds the intercooler in (the one removed to replace grommet with the bolt). But since the end tanks are so big on the IC, it was rubbing pretty bad in that spot and if I'd have used the original bolts, they wouldve been seriously digging into the end tanks... Not to mention the little nut clips were already scratching the piss outta the tank. So I removed the nut clips, stuck a piece of weatherproof electrical tape (thick, rubbery tape) and used a big machine screw pushed in from the backside. The round head of the screw, along with the tape should protect the tanks enough not to cause any damage.

Screenshot_2017-02-26-16-39-01.png
So with all that taken care of, it finally was in... You can see the shiny machine screws/nuts above the end tanks holding those together. Where those brackets come up and around the front of the tanks, I took my dremel and shaved off a little on each corner of the plastic there so it wasn't pushing so hard on the tanks. From there, it was just a matter of putting the bumper back on and headlights in.

Some of this may seem a little hard to follow but you'll see what I mean when you get in there and start putting this in. The only thing I wish that was different is that the tabs need welded 1/8"-3/16" lower so the IC will push up all the way without having to remove those grommets. Other than that, I think the rest is just a byproduct of cramming the biggest possible IC into the factory location. I'm glad it's finally in and it looks good. I chopped the lower grill supports out to do the lower grill delete and show this bad boy off. I hope my experience helps you guys....

Screenshot_2017-02-26-17-34-14.png
These are the grommets I removed from the brackets. It has the original bolt in it that was used to secure the lower tabs of the oem IC.

Screenshot_2017-02-26-17-40-49.png

This is the oem.... Can someone please measure their tabs. Top of the upper tab to top of lower tab should be 3"... I didn't measure mine but now I'm curious. I'm not pulling everything apart again to find out but i am positive mine wasn't 3".

brbauer2

View attachment 13422

This is the oem.... Can someone please measure their tabs. Top of the upper tab to top of lower tab should be 3"... I didn't measure mine but now I'm curious. I'm not pulling everything apart again to find out but i am positive mine wasn't 3".
I'll snap a picture and update this post when I get home tonight.

Also, thanks for the write-up!

Sent from my OnePlus 3

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #80
ok guys - first off there is no need to snap pictures of your new intercoolers
unless there is shipping damage they are correct and identical to stock where mounting is concerned

These intercoolers are the same thing as MTC intercoolers from the UK - the factory that produces them sent me a message this morning after I inquired about the incorrect placement of the mounting tab concern from digglesworth. I was quickly corrected that all intercoolers are welded up in a jig meaning it would be very difficult if not impossible to weld them in the wrong position.

but.....if you look at the MTC fitment instructions for the intercooler it does mention that this intercooler is a bit larger than stock so you may have to modyify a few things to make it fit perfectly

here is the snippet:

Please note intercooler is a direct fit but you may have to modify the front plastic under tray or remove it from the car as the intercooler core is quite large.

really no different than some other larger intercoolers that require trimming your front bumper cover for clearance, etc
it's a tight fit in there

Ford Community Posts