Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28
  1. #1
    Member 106 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner Accel Junky's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    5592
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dallas
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    360
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    106


    Does ANYONE actually have the StopTech BBK fitted??

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Unfortunately I put mine on today and noticed that there was no way in Zeus' butthole that I could fit wheels over the caliper under the stock fenders (see my build thread for more details).

    That got me thinking...I bought the StopTech BBK on good faith of their name, I didn't look to see anyone running it first.

    Now I've been digging around the internet and I cannot find ONE person running the StopTech BBK on a Fiesta ST aside from the SEMA Cobb car from a few years ago.

    Is anyone out there running it and if so can you share what wheels, spacers, extended studs, over fenders or whatever the heck you did to clear the calipers and be able to drive the car?
    Current:
    17 GT350, 16 Fiesta ST, 13 X5 x35i, 90 GTR

    Previous (41):
    10 GT3, 16 GT4, 13 Cayenne 6MT, 02 M3, 15 M3, 16 GT4, 15 M3, 98 NSX, 01 M5, 95 Ranger, 05 TL, 04 S2K, 12 Mustang GT, 12 CBR250R, 12 Golf TDI, 11 Frontier, 07 YZF1, 10 Tacoma, 09 MX5, 92 MX5, 90 MX5, 92 NSX, 08 Ducati 848, 02 Honda 919, 08 335i, 93 LS1 RX7, 91 NSX, 04 Z06, 98 Bandit 1200, 95 240SX, 90 RB20 240SX, 91 RB25 240SX, 89 240SX, 93 Supra TT HT, 95 Supra TT, 01 GSXR600, 95 M3, 97 Prelude, 93 CBR600, 94 Integra, 94 Firebird, 91 Accord

  2. #2
    Member 164 Rep Points KKaWing's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    126
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Somewhere
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    658
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    164


    Ouch, sorry to hear that. For what it's worth, I printed out the template when they first came out for shits and giggles. Seems like they need a 15mm spacer for the stock wheels.

  3. #3
    Member 106 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner Accel Junky's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    5592
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dallas
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    360
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    106


    I ran the template after the fact because I assumed with my aggressive wheel fitment clearing the Wilwoods no problem that I'd be OK. Definitely confirms about a 12mm spacer on my already +40 17x8 wheels. I really don't know what wheel could fit these brakes aside from the very unique Motegi MR119 which was on the Cobb SEMA car with these brakes and is now discontinued.

    Still hoping to find 1 customer with the brake kit but I haven't yet. I've been all over instagram, Google, multiple forums and cannot find anyone running them.

    I can tell from looking at the brake design that they should've made the ring of the rotor hat thicker so that it positions the rotor more inboard and then make a thinner adapter brake for the caliper accordingly. Theres a solid 10mm alone that they could've pulled everything inward.

    Unfortunately I may have made a major error trusting that StopTech wouldn't list a vehicle-specific fitment that wasn't realistic to fit. I should've taken a hint if I couldn't find ANYONE running these...
    Current:
    17 GT350, 16 Fiesta ST, 13 X5 x35i, 90 GTR

    Previous (41):
    10 GT3, 16 GT4, 13 Cayenne 6MT, 02 M3, 15 M3, 16 GT4, 15 M3, 98 NSX, 01 M5, 95 Ranger, 05 TL, 04 S2K, 12 Mustang GT, 12 CBR250R, 12 Golf TDI, 11 Frontier, 07 YZF1, 10 Tacoma, 09 MX5, 92 MX5, 90 MX5, 92 NSX, 08 Ducati 848, 02 Honda 919, 08 335i, 93 LS1 RX7, 91 NSX, 04 Z06, 98 Bandit 1200, 95 240SX, 90 RB20 240SX, 91 RB25 240SX, 89 240SX, 93 Supra TT HT, 95 Supra TT, 01 GSXR600, 95 M3, 97 Prelude, 93 CBR600, 94 Integra, 94 Firebird, 91 Accord

  4. #4
    Member 164 Rep Points KKaWing's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    126
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Somewhere
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    658
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    164


    Mountune listed a BBK kit and posted it on their FB. It looks like they're Brembo stuff, but they do list what wheels (OZ) would fit without spacers.

    https://www.mountunestore.com/collec.../big-brake-kit


  5. #5
    Senior Member 1217 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    4438
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    7,218
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    1217


    Will any other company's rings fit on the Brembo hats?
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

  6. #6
    Member 95 Rep Points blurred's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    2176
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    262
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    95


    Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    Will any other company's rings fit on the Brembo hats?
    I'd recommend having a set made through Coleman racing.. some of the best rings on the market.

  7. #7
    Member 299 Rep Points TDavis's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8707
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Columbia
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    672
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    299


    1 Likes

    Quote Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
    I ran the template after the fact because I assumed with my aggressive wheel fitment clearing the Wilwoods no problem that I'd be OK. Definitely confirms about a 12mm spacer on my already +40 17x8 wheels. I really don't know what wheel could fit these brakes aside from the very unique Motegi MR119 which was on the Cobb SEMA car with these brakes and is now discontinued.

    Still hoping to find 1 customer with the brake kit but I haven't yet. I've been all over instagram, Google, multiple forums and cannot find anyone running them.

    I can tell from looking at the brake design that they should've made the ring of the rotor hat thicker so that it positions the rotor more inboard and then make a thinner adapter brake for the caliper accordingly. Theres a solid 10mm alone that they could've pulled everything inward.

    Unfortunately I may have made a major error trusting that StopTech wouldn't list a vehicle-specific fitment that wasn't realistic to fit. I should've taken a hint if I couldn't find ANYONE running these...
    Was the Stoptech BBK template telling the truth once you tried it on your wheels?

    I'm sure its irrelevant now but I ran both Stoptech BBK templates(they apparently have two rotor sizes for the FiST), and with my 17x8 38mm offset TD Pro Race 1.2s they both clear the spokes with a good 8-10mm clearance left. Now this is trusting that the template is correct. We'll see once I acquire the kit.

    Its hard to know since BBK caliper clearance depends on wheel diameter, offset, AND spoke design. So the TD with its outward direction spoke design might actually be the proper wheel for it. No one who ran this kit had TD wheel so I have to be the guinea pig.

    I double checked, triple checked, and quadruple checked that I cut and was using the template correctly just to make sure because many people have like 1-2mm clearance while mine was sitting happy with a good amount of clearance.


    EDIT: Here's the pics showing the clearance I should have:



    Ford Master Tech.
    2017 Fiesta ST Platinum White Tri-Coat
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

  8. #8
    Member 216 Rep Points Woods247's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    5793
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Atl
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    490
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    216


    1 Likes

    Quote Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
    Was the Stoptech BBK template telling the truth once you tried it on your wheels?

    I'm sure its irrelevant now but I ran both Stoptech BBK templates(they apparently have two rotor sizes for the FiST), and with my 17x8 38mm offset TD Pro Race 1.2s they both clear the spokes with a good 8-10mm clearance left. Now this is trusting that the template is correct. We'll see once I acquire the kit.

    Its hard to know since BBK caliper clearance depends on wheel diameter, offset, AND spoke design. So the TD with its outward direction spoke design might actually be the proper wheel for it. No one who ran this kit had TD wheel so I have to be the guinea pig.

    I double checked, triple checked, and quadruple checked that I cut and was using the template correctly just to make sure because many people have like 1-2mm clearance while mine was sitting happy with a good amount of clearance.


    EDIT: Here's the pics showing the clearance I should have:



    This will be interesting to see. Tirerack is closing out my OZ Leggendas so I need to find another option besides the Rota Grid. I may order a Konig Hypergram for test fitment but I need to talk to the reseller first to see if I can return it if fitment is way off. I’m not opposed to race-spec spacers. Ive been tracking the shit out of mine without a problem.

  9. #9
    Member 299 Rep Points TDavis's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

    Member #
    8707
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Columbia
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    672
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    299


    Quote Originally Posted by Woods247 View Post
    This will be interesting to see. Tirerack is closing out my OZ Leggendas so I need to find another option besides the Rota Grid. I may order a Konig Hypergram for test fitment but I need to talk to the reseller first to see if I can return it if fitment is way off. I’m not opposed to race-spec spacers. Ive been tracking the shit out of mine without a problem.
    I'm definitely anxious to see the result. Especially since AccelJunky went through hell and back buying 5 sets of wheels to see what fits, but he never got any TD wheels to test fitment on so thats why I'm a little ambitious about it, plus if the template is correct I'm fine. Also, the TD's have a outward spoke design and deeper hub so that makes me feel a little better as well.

    I have spacers on my other car as well. I feel as long as you get quality spacers and they aren't TOO big you should be fine. I would really prefer not to get spacers if this BBK doesn't fit because the wheel is a 17x8 38mm offset so if I get a spacer the wheel/wire would literally be poking and I don't want that.
    Ford Master Tech.
    2017 Fiesta ST Platinum White Tri-Coat
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

  10. #10
    Senior Member 1217 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

    Member #
    4438
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points  
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    7,218
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Likes Received
    1217


    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I wonder if they would fit with the 42ET, 17x8 Pro Race 1.2s?
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Has anyone fitted a set of corbeaue seats in their Fiesta st?
    By AntTrain in forum General Automotive Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2017, 09:29 PM
  2. StopTech slotted rotors
    By Gtkat929 in forum Suspension, Brakes & Chassis
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-04-2016, 03:58 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2015, 04:58 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-14-2014, 03:43 PM
  5. StopTech introduces brake kit for Fiesta ST.
    By godofbiscuits in forum Suspension, Brakes & Chassis
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-12-2014, 05:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •