Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Turbo Upgrade Release Date Confirmed

Brura22

Mountune Fiesta ST Big Turbo Upgrade

Price - $TBD$

Release - March 2017

Turbo - Modified/Custom Garrett

Expected Power - TBD

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned in here yet.
But the official USA Mountune Instagram account responded to a customer confirming the release of their "big turbos" upgrade for sometime next month.

We all know preliminary reports (like Summer/Fall of 2016) we're that the kit might utilize the 2554 turbo.
The EU boys got a 265hp hybrid kit so I can only assume this will be a direct competitor to the 280-300 hybrids we're seeing stateside.

I've emailed their USA customer service and marketing and will continue to post here with any updates!

UPDATE - 19 FEB

Confirmed Turbo Application-

Well I figured I'd try to reach out on their Instagram account and instantly got a reply.

Looks like we're getting a modified/custom Garrett Turbo.
Based off them saying the EFR was too big, and the Hybrids don't offer "enough". (280 whp?)
I can only assume we're getting a 300+ whp capable Garrett modified to spool a lot faster than the current 2554 offered by ATP.
Maybe a GTX type modification?

Last edited:
OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #2
Updated information. Confirmed turbo application! See above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #5
The customer was me should make things interesting depending on price
Well if they have a custom Garrett, MY guess is a 2554 modified for better response and spool.
This would net a 330 whp turbo with spooling capability that rivals the Hybrids on the market.

I'll put money that it will be the exact same turbo as the 2554.....
Ehhh, I beg to differ. I'm a little more optimistic.
They clearly said they're aiming for something not laggy like the EFR's. And something more powerful than a Hybrid.
This is Mountune after all... don't think they'll just take an ATP kit and rebrand it.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #7
wonder what the intercooler is gonna be....
Their big turbo kits for the US Focus don't include an intercooler..
This is entirely different than the EU Mountune Hybrid kit. I wouldn't EXPECT this to be a "power kit" like the MR265.
Seeing as we have the Cobb AP here stateside and endless options for an intercooler.
I'd expect this to be strictly a turbo upgrade with an included Tune just like the Focus MRX kits.

DvC

Doubt many people will be interested as their parts are always so expensive

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #10
Doubt many people will be interested as their parts are always so expensive
I'm interested. Their Focus kit is very affordable.
If the power gains are higher than Hybrids on pump gas, and the goal is spool/response as they said, then I don't see how it wouldn't be a contender.
1800 for an ST280, 1900ish for a fully loaded X47 from Panda.

Their FOCUS kit is 2799 WITH a Protune.
I'd pay that if their "custom Garrett" turns out good.

DvC

I'm interested. Their Focus kit is very affordable.
If the power gains are higher than Hybrids on pump gas, and the goal is spool/response as they said, then I don't see how it wouldn't be a contender.
1800 for an ST280, 1900ish for a fully loaded X47 from Panda.

Their FOCUS kit is 2799 WITH a Protune.
I'd pay that if their "custom Garrett" turns out good.

I got my st280, wastegate, dhm crash bar, dhm race intercooler and 2 fuel tunes for 2800. Doesnt seem like its in the same ballpark. Still need an intercooler with that kit and i wouldnt run one of the factory fit ic with that turbo. I would love to see a bigger turbo with the same spool as a hybrid,its just not likely.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #12
I got my st280, wastegate, dhm crash bar, dhm race intercooler and 2 fuel tunes for 2800. Doesnt seem like its in the same ballpark. Still need an intercooler with that kit and i wouldnt run one of the factory fit ic with that turbo. I would love to see a bigger turbo with the same spool as a hybrid,its just not likely.
It's supposed to make more HP than a Hybrid so of course it's not the SAME ballpark.
But it'll be competitive for sure.
Everyone knows once you go past the ST280 and X47 you will lose some spool...
But if you can get a 2554 to spool a lot faster than it currently does, and make more power than a Hybrid as they are claiming. Then you definitely have a contender.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Adam/Tune+ ( not me ) said he got 2554's to make ALMOST 300whp on E30.
So... 330whp? Then it's not a 2554.
Actually... without Aux fuel.... pretty much nothing is going to make 330whp.

I think we could be getting into more of the pesky "euro numbers" vs "actual North American numbers".

It's really hard to make 300-310whp with ANY TURBO ( laggy or not ) on pump gas.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #14
Adam/Tune+ ( not me ) said he got 2554's to make ALMOST 300whp on E30.
So... 330whp? Then it's not a 2554.
Actually... without Aux fuel.... pretty much nothing is going to make 330whp.

I think we could be getting into more of the pesky "euro numbers" vs "actual North American numbers".

It's really hard to make 300-310whp with ANY TURBO ( laggy or not ) on pump gas.

Not 100% sure it's a 2554, that's just what was said back in summer 16'.
All that has been confirmed is more than a Hybrid, and faster than the smallest EFR.
And "custom Garrett"
Guess we'll have to wait and see!
Love all the support our Fiesta has gotten the past 3 years. <3

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'd buy a GTX2554 Gen2.
If Garrett built one. Lol.
But yea, the problem has been the same for a while. No one makes a top level turbo for 300whp.
EFR is too laggy/big. GT2554 can't make the power. GTX2560 too laggy/big.
DHM GTX2860 Gen2 kit is the best I've seen by far. It's just not cheap.