Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thoughts on mesh grills

brbauer2

Nice!

I ordered a sheet of 12"x48" Diamond XXL and 12' of trim that I'm splitting with another local FiST owner. Came to $80 total/$40 each including the mounting hardware.

Sent from my OnePlus 3

OP
TheJesterRace27
Thread Starter #43
Nice!

I ordered a sheet of 12"x48" Diamond XXL and 12' of trim that I'm splitting with another local FiST owner. Came to $80 total/$40 each including the mounting hardware.

Sent from my OnePlus 3
Awesome! Let me know how it goes when you get it done.

brbauer2

Awesome! Let me know how it goes when you get it done.
Definitely will. Might be a bit though. I have lots planned for when the bumper is off. FMIC, Velossa Tech snorkel, lights, horns, paint, grill shaving, lower grill, and who knows what else.

OP
TheJesterRace27
Thread Starter #45
Definitely will. Might be a bit though. I have lots planned for when the bumper is off. FMIC, Velossa Tech snorkel, lights, horns, paint, grill shaving, lower grill, and who knows what else.
Yea thats my exact reasoning for waiting myself. Gotta do it all at once! haha

I just bought some regular square caged wire from home depot, shaped it on the inner side of the bumper and zip tied it to the little supporting trim pieces and then put the plastic grill right over top of it. I am all about keeping rocks and what not off my intercooler! especially when I actually do get an aftermarket one.

anticon

What were the measurements of the final piece or what you bought? Did you use rubber tubing around the edge? if so how much as I am on custom grills site right now......[like]
This is what I bought. It's 13" x 40". I could make two grills with it. I made a template with cardboard and then cut the mesh to match. I didn't use any rubber around the edge. The factory edge is smooth on one side, and I folded over the other side. On the ends I just tucked it in between the bumper cover and intercooler. Sorry for the delay, I just saw this post.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-13-x40-Universal-Car-Black-Body-Grille-Net-Aluminum-Mesh-Grill-Section/153070864423?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649