Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Order a straight defouler for the 2nd sensor (black wire). Easier than crawling back under when the 420 code pops.
I did get one a while back but opted not to use it when I finally did install this past July. No codes so far with about 1000 miles on everything. I think it depends on which DP one goes with. From the few that have the Milltek, none have had an issue with codes/light with no defouler.

I have to wonder about the noise thing vs actual power. How loud does it have to be to sound good? It's as if no one considers the idea of painting a target on your back for law enforcement or if pissing off the neighbors is a good thing or not. Can you still enjoy the music? On the other hand is power which we all want. A little more volume may be ok to a point, but what qualities make it sound better, throaty, deep, a few little crackles and pops? That's the one I would pick.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I have to wonder about the noise thing vs actual power. How loud does it have to be to sound good? It's as if no one considers the idea of painting a target on your back for law enforcement or if pissing off the neighbors is a good thing or not. Can you still enjoy the music? On the other hand is power which we all want. A little more volume may be ok to a point, but what qualities make it sound better, throaty, deep, a few little crackles and pops? That's the one I would pick.
I prefer throaty deep. I have the Thermal R&D and it’s pretty throaty and deep sonically I think the Miltek is closest. I do like sound of Haste’s full CPE Nexus setup.
I have a Mountune Sportcat on mine if I was going to change the cat the only other one I would put on the car is the Miltek due to their design.

I kept my car pretty low profile for years, so I'm pretty sympathetic to the staying low key thing. I have a Thermal R&D paired with the Whoosh catted downpipe and it sounds appropriately deep, but after running it without the rear muffler (due to the clamp walking itself off) I found myself liking it a lot more than I expected. Like more than with the rear muffler on. It droned a bit, but I heard my music fine and as long as I wasn't flooring it everywhere the volume wasn't so loud it was excessively obnoxious. Pretty much just enhanced all the natural burbles and pops that are obviously suppressed by the muffler, at expense of the fact I could hear it idling across a parking lot even if it was super low tonally. I suspect the drone would get better if it actually exited at the rear and not the rear half of the under body. I like it enough to pursue getting a 3" T304 rear section fabbed up to match and swap between them as I get sick of one or the other.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You also forgot the severe loss of hearing factor as well, which of course the 'immortal' young'uns on here totally disregard, or think simply cannot happen to them. [:(]

My resonated CP-E Nexus system sounds plenty loud enough, as well as deep/'throaty' to me, even with the factory downpipe/catcon.

And being a 3" system, it even has some natural pops despite being on the full factory tune (NO worries about 'killing the cat' with an aftermarket, extreme, 'pops and crackles' tune).

Sam4

I'd forgotten the solution to unwanted noise(s) is stereo volume. Yeah, that's the ticket - offsetting freqs! I've gotten used to the woosh catted DP / MAP system - it's loud, its proud. You can work the pedal and, at least, approach respectful - it burbles and pops nicely - wide open is LOUD, but for how long am I mashing the pedal, 10 secs? I'm school zone, traffic lite, and neighborhood friendly, so no obvious ticket magnet problems.