Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My thoughts exactly but the urge to hear more burble makes me want to install a catless 3" dp :)
Speaking of warranty, changing out the exhaust shouldn't be an issue, should it? A friend of mine says as long as it's a simple cat back it shouldn't mess with the warranty. I don't see how it could void anything, but I figured I'd ask.

I wouldn't think it would void anything unless your dealer is just not wanting to do the warranty work. The mbrp doesn't drone to bad until like 3500 Rpms on the highway but at that speed I hardly ever see and on trips when I do the drone isn't too bad I can still talk to my passengers without raising my voice. If I had to choose again it would be mbrp

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
I wouldn't think it would void anything unless your dealer is just not wanting to do the warranty work. The mbrp doesn't drone to bad until like 3500 Rpms on the highway but at that speed I hardly ever see and on trips when I do the drone isn't too bad I can still talk to my passengers without raising my voice. If I had to choose again it would be mbrp
Legally they cannot just void your warranty for not using Ford parts. They can only refuse to warranty an issue if THAT particular part caused another part to fail. They have to be able to prove this.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
The only time they CAN void a warranty wholsale is if there is some stipulation about using the vehicle in a way that was unintended, such as road racing the vehicle, or drag racing the vehicle, or offroading etc. Many a Mitsu EVO owner got their warranties "nullified" because they were racing them at local tracks. Mitsubishi dispatched employees to said tracks, watched them race, walked up to said cars, wrote down their VIN numbers and then said owners recieved notice in the mail that their warranties were voided.

The only time they CAN void a warranty wholsale is if there is some stipulation about using the vehicle in a way that was unintended, such as road racing the vehicle, or drag racing the vehicle, or offroading etc. Many a Mitsu EVO owner got their warranties "nullified" because they were racing them at local tracks. Mitsubishi dispatched employees to said tracks, watched them race, walked up to said cars, wrote down their VIN numbers and then said owners recieved notice in the mail that their warranties were voided.
That sounds understandable, but still sort of crazy. It's a performance vehicle, of course it's going to be used in performance situations. I guess I'll take the chance. I don't see what an exhaust can do to mess up anything and I think the dealer would need to be serious a**h**** to say the exhaust caused any problems.

Siestarider

I remounted my MBRP, excited about getting ready for Cyborg, left the resonator where it is and put the Vibrant resonator CMR recommended where a muffler would normally go. Drone is gone. But so is a lot of popping and gurgling. Quiet enough to sneak but loud when foot drops. I figure many people would like it.

I am going to leave it as is for a track day, but its likely still too loud for me under throttle to pass at cruising speed (80 around here, 90 to pass), rear seat delete is not helping that. Used clamps rather than welds so I could further modify it.

Next experiment will be replacing the MBRP resonator with the Vibrant, then adding either the smallest Magnaflow Racing muffler or Vibrant aluminum muffler at the end. Already down to one tip, need to tuck it away a little more.

My reporting on this should be titled "How to make the least expensive 3" exhaust cost $1000". LOL.

My reporting on this should be titled "How to make the least expensive 3" exhaust cost $1000". LOL.
That's funny, I just had this convo yesterday. A buddy asked what I was going to do about exhaust of the FiST. I told him I wasn't super-impressed by most on the market. I want 3", but they have quirky sound characteristics etc. I almost quoted you when I said I'd probably have to use the MBRP but hack it to pieces and spend $1k making it sound right.

Rhinopolis

I just purchased the Injen exhaust (raw unfinished tip) for my 2015 (Cobb FMIC, RMM, Intake, and Pro Tune by Randy). It was a competition between Cobb and Injen, and Injen won partly because of price ($599 shipped from Modbargains via their Labor Day Sale) and also because of how the Injen exhaust sounded on video at higher rpm. Hopefully I like it as much in person.

I really like the sound of the Cobb system too, and I hope that I don't regret my choice. Both exhaust look well made, and I don't have much of a preference between the single and dual tip. I bought the Cobb hangers with the exhaust, and to me as long as the system performs and isn't too intrusive in the cabin while relaxed cruising then I will be very happy.

I datalogged yesterday and uploaded to a Virtual Dyno Graph, and my car according to VD is putting down 190 whp (93 octane) and 271 lbs trq. I have a saved car profile (smoothing 3) and will datalog again with the same variables to see if the Cobb AP and VD register any gain after install and once the ecu adjust to the new CBE. I don't plan to go to an aftermarket DP (at least anytime soon), and so my current pro tune should also do fine with just a CBE. Ultimately with my current setup plus the new CBE, I would be very happy to VD at 200 whp max and stay at or a little above my current max trq.

LT Berzerker

Any pics of the injen installed, want to see how it looks... Love the sound just really up in the air with what exhaust to go with

Rhinopolis

There are plenty of photos online of the Injen CBE installed, and once mine comes in I am going to install myself and then take pics. I also am going to use a iPhone app decibel meter to measure initial cold start noise as well as drive by. I'll post pics, videos, and a before and after Virtual Dyno so we can see exactly what this exhaust will do.

felopr

Reviving this thread from the dead lol
Here is a question for you guys, If the catback is one of the mods that leaves least Hp and most expensive, wouldn't it be better to leave the catback alone and change the resonator for a hi-flow one? (like vibrant). I was reading that the exhaust on the fist is adequate for the turbo of this car.
The idea i have is: change the downpipe, eliminate the stock 2 bolt flange on the oem exhaust, put a true 2.5" or 3" 2 bolt flange, change the stock resonator for a vibrant 2.5" or 3" resonator then gradually take the pipe sizing down to mate with the oem exhaust

Agree 100% with the stock exhaust (cat back). I've removed the middle resonator and looking to replace the rear muffler, but I'm running into trouble finding a suitable muffler.

I removed my resonator as well, $35 at the local muffler shop. Sounds great to me.

Hey guys just an FYI, they are having a 15% coupon on MBRP products at http://mbrpexhauststore.com/mbrp-rebate PLUS - MBRP is doing rebates on their exhaust systems, $75 for the pro and $50 for the XP and alluminized. Rebate form is here: http://mbrpautomotive.com/npr/usd/FALLSAVINGS/FALLSAVINGS_TERMS-2.pdf

I ordered the XP series 3in exhaust and the hot side intercooler charge pipes, and after the coupon I paid $518.23 with free shipping. Plus the $50 rebate I will be getting from MBRP brings the total down to $468.23 for a full 3in catback exhaust and hot side charge pipes. I'm happy with the deal, just passing along the information!