Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
As long as you leave the stock down pipe on . No real need to tune for just a cat back .. Though it wouldn't hurt it is NOT required .

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
had my exhaust fabbed up today. Just a quick video, i'll get some in car/out of car drive-bys later.

[video=youtube;rvoqbo3A02Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvoqbo3A02Q&list=UUF_-FjU8xKOLHrNFBt0j0sw[/video]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Ok here is a question of those that changed to other than stock exhaust 2.5 or bigger dia.
How does it sound at full hiway speed to quick decel. does it pop back fire and snarl as you slow down and down shift like you could almost feel the flames out the back ?? lol just curious as mine is rather sassy when this is done .. ;)

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Ok here is a question of those that changed to other than stock exhaust 2.5 or bigger dia.
How does it sound at full hiway speed to quick decel. does it pop back fire and snarl as you slow down and down shift like you could almost feel the flames out the back ?? lol just curious as mine is rather sassy when this is done .. ;)
I haven't gone on the highway yet, but the more I drive it, the "throatier " and more "gurglier" it gets. We'll see how it sounds once it's broken in a bit more.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I was just amazed and the Noise mine makes now but then again this is my first turbo so maybe its just the noise it makes.. not a bad thing just a learning curve :)

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #148
That sounds great Colin. What are the components on your custom setup?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Rod can you hear your exhaust with windows down?
Meanwhile in Wisconsin
...POWERFUL WINTER STORM SLOWLY LOSING ITS GRIP ON THE STATE...

Have not had a chance to roll down the windows and let the wind blow back my hair.. when it is over freezing the water and runoff makes lakes so i don't want my ST to be a jetski inside.. LOL
I was more or less asking about the sounds the car makes in the pipe like a rich after burn or popping on rapid deceleration.. just music to my ears is all

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Meanwhile in Wisconsin

Have not had a chance to roll down the windows and let the wind blow back my hair.. when it is over freezing the water and runoff makes lakes so i don't want my ST to be a jetski inside.. LOL
I was more or less asking about the sounds the car makes in the pipe like a rich after burn or popping on rapid deceleration.. just music to my ears is all
Oh damn i forgot you guys are still suffering over there :(
Spring cant come fast enough ugh....

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
ya we go back in the freezer this coming week again too .. Someday it will be warm and dry again.. Just hope we don't get as dry as Cali...

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
After this car is payed off im buying a 4x4 with offroad mods so I can have fun driving all year around:)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
But too your point Stunty the exhaust can be heard and felt in the car vs stock it is more of a deep booming sound not a drone when under acceleration and silent when cruising but it comes on when you are on cruise and hit a incline and it rolls the gas a little .. nothing hurtful or ear splitting but more than stock.. very low tone and no rasp.. not bad for a 4 banger...

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
If cobb doeant release there catback by april im gonna go with FSwerks I like the sound and mostly that its all stainless. But your 2J is very nice also, just dont wan to drop more $ for the stainless.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
CPE realeased a new video and... the twin tip catback with their downpipe sounds AMAZING.

http://vimeo.com/86796200
That is about 9,000,000 times better sounding then the other video, still not a fan of that single tip though.
And the last 2 in car audio clips seem doctored or something, almost to quiet.

Cool video. Is it just me or are the 'interior' sounds of the aftermarket versions turned down/edited? Cause in the stock 'interior' you can hear the gear change clunks, and in the other two it sounds really muted...

nm Colin1337 posted same...