Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
You can always have it tacked into place once you’re sure about it, too.

Guys looking at resonators, remember if using a bottle resonator length determines the range of frequencies it’ll cancel. Longer = less drone. It’s the length not the girth ;)
Lmao!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
You can always have it tacked into place once you’re sure about it, too.

Guys looking at resonators, remember if using a bottle resonator length determines the range of frequencies it’ll cancel. Longer = less drone. It’s the length not the girth ;)
Good points on both... when I went glasspack for muffler, I went 18" long as that size is closest to the stock muffler, which is 19", makes for a nice and deep tone... same principal applies to the front muffler/resonator, I believe stock size is 20"...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The CP-E single tip is 4.5" in outside diameter at the widest point of the 'can' (I just measured the one I bought from haste on here).

These came welded to about a foot of 3" diameter pipe with a flare on the end to be used with a special swivel joint type clamp to attach it to the other end of the over axle pipe which has a matching, fitting flare on it as well.

These tips are no longer made, nor are they available from CP-E, so they are almost impossible to come by nowadays.

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I was thinking about buying Mike's CPe tip or something different like what I posted all together. And if anyone is interested CPe told me that if they have an extra single tips, there's a possibility that you might be able to get them swapped when they send you purchase the exhaust from them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I personally don't like the melon launcher cpe tip. I have the dual myself on my cpe. I would however like an oval tip like I had on my muffler delete.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
And I found the rear most clamp on my Thermal spinning around.....shot it down with my impact and torqued it down with a pry bar yo!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thanks for the responses. Yeah, I was thinking about buying Mike's CPe tip or something different like what I posted all together. And if anyone is interested CPe told me that if they have an extra single tips, there's a possibility that you might be able to get them swapped when they send you purchase the exhaust from them

They must've found a 'stash' in a back room somewhere during their pack up to move to their new location or something.

Because they told me about 2 years ago that they had NONE of these available at all at that point. LOL [wink]

They must've found a 'stash' in a back room somewhere during their pack up to move to their new location or something.

Because they told me about 2 years ago that they had NONE of these available at all at that point. LOL [wink]
Haha, I heard it's crazy expensive to buy it separate. Do you still have the CPe single tip M-sport? Can you send me more pictures of different angles? I'm still not 100% solely because I think it sticks out a little more than I'd prefer

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I personally don't like the melon launcher cpe tip. I have the dual myself on my cpe. I would however like an oval tip like I had on my muffler delete.

I bought the one I have just as a temporary replacement for the dual outlet tip while that was being Cerakoted.

I planned to cut off the 'melon launcher' ricer fart can tip, and replace it with a big turndown tip, and then have the whole thing black Cerakoted, but it was actually less coin to just have Mufflex seam weld a foot of new 3" 304 section tubing onto the Ultimate Racing turndown, roll the ball joint type groove into it, and then have that whole assembly Cerakoted. [:)]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I bought the one I have just as a temporary replacement for the dual outlet tip while that was being Cerakoted.

I planned to cut off the 'melon launcher' ricer fart can tip, and replace it with a big turndown tip, and then have the whole thing black Cerakoted, but it was actually less coin to just have Mufflex seam weld a foot of new 3" 304 section tubing onto the Ultimate Racing turndown, roll the ball joint type groove into it, and then have that whole assembly Cerakoted. [:)]
I'd love to make a new tip for it. I'll have to look around and see if a local shop could duplicate the flare section.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'd love to make a new tip for it. I'll have to look around and see if a local shop could duplicate the flare section.

Yeah, I am LUCKY to be within close driving distance of Mufflex, since they can do ALL of that flare rolling, and can weld ALL types of stainless with the proper STAINLESS welding rods, as well as back-purging equipment.
Hell, I believe that they even have INCONEL welding rods on premises! [thumb]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Haha, I heard it's crazy expensive to buy it separate. Do you still have the CPe single tip M-sport? Can you send me more pictures of different angles? I'm still not 100% solely because I think it sticks out a little more than I'd prefer

Yeah, they told me at the time that IF they did have one for sale, they would have to charge me about $150.00 shipped.

It is not on the car now, was only on for a short period, and I took no pics of it then. :(

Sorry, but I can tell you it stuck out about as much as the FS Werks, or Mountune dual tips do.

There might be some pics of it on haste's car in old posts on haste's build thread, if I recall correctly. ;)

I'm a little disappointed in my MAPerformance cat-back. Fitment wasn't as good as I has expected and crazy drone except whenever there's load on the engine, and the tips are starting to get rusty! though it sounds amazing, it's not very loud from the outside. No drone when cruising though.