Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Park in a dusty garage or in the hot sun?

I spend a couple of hours washing, waxing and detailing my ride. I work at a fairly new building so the parking garage is filled with concrete dust everywhere. By the end of the day after leaving the car in the parking garage, I have a thick layer of white dust on the car. [mad]

Just curious, would you guys pick a dusty garage over parking under the hot Florida sun? Which is worse...the dust on the car or the sun beating on my paint?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Dusty garage anyday. Not only will the sun affect the paint but it will also affect the plastic lights and interior as well.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Get a cheap plastic cover from Walmart for like $30 and cover your car while its in the garage. Bring a large plastic trash bag and store the cover in there to contain the dust.

OP
O
Thread Starter #4
Yea parking garage definitely better than hot sun beating on the car. never thought about a cheap cover either, might look into that as well

I got one of the fiesta st covers from ford and use it everyday rain or shine, and the same for all my prior mustangs even daily driven looked like new years later. Cheap cover and parking garage is my vote and im here in Orlando also

OP
O
Thread Starter #8
Is the sun really that intense down there? I guess up north it's not as big of a problem especially this time of year haha.

yea man the weather is all types of crazy down here. and the sun just rapes you all day long. You see a lot of newer cars down here with their paint already messed up and faded from the sun. I guess up north the sun's not that bad but I would assume that the salt also messes up cars....idk

CanadianST

yea man the weather is all types of crazy down here. and the sun just rapes you all day long. You see a lot of newer cars down here with their paint already messed up and faded from the sun. I guess up north the sun's not that bad but I would assume that the salt also messes up cars....idk
That's nuts, up here we're just begging for the sun lol. And salt is the real killer for us, my last car was only driven 2 winters and was undercoated for both of them but is showing some bad outbreaks of rust already.

I refuse to own something unique, Japanese, and a bit older here in the midwest bc of the salt on the roads

Salt is the worst I have ever seen here in Milwaukee, but that's just life. I'm trying to worry less about keeping the car clean and perfect these days, just don't have the time anymore to be paranoid about sun, dirt, salt, etc. Life is short!