Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

$250 to enable the reverse camera

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Someone already figured out what to change in FORSCAN. There is a thread on it, just had to figure out the wiring.
Here is the Excel spreadsheet with the known items that can be changed. Keep in mind that the Fiesta may differ from these settings. Also before you flash using FORScan remember to save a file of your original settings so that if you have an issue you can always flash back to stock.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...iVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=815852466

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
See the Excel spreadsheet I posted for all of the FORScan settings. Line 4 of the APIM is for the reverse camera and if I remember correctly that is what I used. I answered all of my PM's. Thank you for your patience. Between work and selling my home I haven't had much time for this lately. It's nice to see we are making progress on the rear camera. Seems one of us will have it figured out soon.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
See the Excel spreadsheet I posted for all of the FORScan settings. Line 4 of the APIM is for the reverse camera and if I remember correctly that is what I used. I answered all of my PM's. Thank you for your patience. Between work and selling my home I haven't had much time for this lately. It's nice to see we are making progress on the rear camera. Seems one of us will have it figured out soon.
Thanks once parts arrive I will play.

So Sync 3 does not have the option to be enabled with FORScan it seems?
Surely if Canopener is enabling it on Sync3, FORScan can too, we just need to figure out which software switch to enable. They aren't doing something magic with that dongle, it's just reprogramming the BCM or APIM to enable camera functionality. Logic says FORScan should be able to do it as well.

I'm quite interested in this also. As much as it's a small car, the rearview mirror is kinda shitty for backing up, and with car seats in the back, a back up camera would be nice.

fiesta is so small, I don't see the need for backup camera
I work at construction sites and I've already backed into a wooden sign and a high curb within 2 months of ownership. It's only a matter of time until I back into something that will do serious damage due to the poor rear visibility.

AzNightmare

lol, initially, I didn't really find much use for a back up cam. I never drove a car with one.
Now I really want one, not because I need one backing up. But because I want one to be able to squeeze into tight spots more confidently when I parallel park.

I just ordered this one off Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282350080327?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

OEM look mirror instead of clip on, everything needed is included. Amazon purchasers gave it great reviews and easy installation remarks. Would rather have it all factory, but this will not require me going into all the Ford software. And I may buy an OEM look camera later to replace license plate camera. Supposedly on back order Amazon, but 3 left on Ebay. Will be worth the $90 if it works. Will try to detail install when it arrives...

So at this point it looks like what we need for the 2016+ is the as-built data from one with a reverse camera. I've managed to find a vin to a 2016 Fiesta Titanium with backup camera from a dealership [3FADP4FJ2GM163492]. Essentially, one would just need to compare the as-built with that one from an ST if I understand correctly.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Someone here already figured it all out. Do a search to find it otherwise I'll try to search and post on my days off at the beginning of next week.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Someone here already figured it all out. Do a search to find it otherwise I'll try to search and post on my days off at the beginning of next week.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I couldn't find anything related to the 16+ even googling it. I did go ahead and try the approach listed in this thread about changing the second digit of the APIM from a 1 to a 2 and it works! Just need to order a camera now. So I can confirm that on a 2016 Sync 3 it works, at least to detect it's in reverse and try to show the reverse camera.

I couldn't find anything related to the 16+ even googling it. I did go ahead and try the approach listed in this thread about changing the second digit of the APIM from a 1 to a 2 and it works! Just need to order a camera now. So I can confirm that on a 2016 Sync 3 it works, at least to detect it's in reverse and try to show the reverse camera.
Anxiously awaiting......[cool]

Anxiously awaiting......[cool]
Me too! Ordered a reverse light camera on the 'bay, coming slow post though so it'll be a while. What I might do in the meantime is get the wiring run from the display to the driver side kick panel and to test it use my raspberry pi since it does composite output

Me too! Ordered a reverse light camera on the 'bay, coming slow post though so it'll be a while. What I might do in the meantime is get the wiring run from the display to the driver side kick panel and to test it use my raspberry pi since it does composite output
Hope it works...been wanting one since I got my car...so let us know [cheerleader]

AzNightmare

I just ordered this one off Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282350080327?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

OEM look mirror instead of clip on, everything needed is included. Amazon purchasers gave it great reviews and easy installation remarks. Would rather have it all factory, but this will not require me going into all the Ford software. And I may buy an OEM look camera later to replace license plate camera. Supposedly on back order Amazon, but 3 left on Ebay. Will be worth the $90 if it works. Will try to detail install when it arrives...
I got something similar installed up this past weekend.
So far, it's been pretty good. [thumb]

But when it rained and water droplets got on the lens, I couldn't see anything.

I got something similar installed up this past weekend.
So far, it's been pretty good. [thumb]

But when it rained and water droplets got on the lens, I couldn't see anything.
Did you use license plate camera or drill a hole by license plate lights and install an OEM look camera? Looked like license plate camera would block trunk release. My mirror can control a second video output, so I may mount it up front. How did you route wires?

Even oem cameras get the water blockage sometimes. Seen people either use RainX on lens or make a small shield above camera to shield it from moisture...