Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

$250 to enable the reverse camera

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Just saw this. Really tempting... Just dont want to be the first.

Another in the line of CANopener products! This simple to install kit allows you to add a backup camera to any Ford or Lincoln vehicle with SYNC 2 (MyFord / MyLincoln Touch) or SYNC 3 in three easy steps:

Install our (optional) Plug n' Play "T" harness behind the touchscreen
Plug the camera of your choice into our T harness
Easily enable the backup camera input using included CANopener? Flash programmer

The CANopener? Flash programmer plugs into your vehicle's OBDII diagnostic port under your steering column. In a matter of seconds, the Flash will enable the backup camera feature on your vehicle's touchscreen. It will show the attached backup camera when the vehicle is placed in reverse - just like it would from the factory!

INCLUDED:
CANopener? Flash Programmer
Camera Video "T" Harness
Detailed Printed Instructions

FEATURES:
Easy Plug n' Play install
Simple DIY vehicle programming

CAMERA SUPPORT

Our harness will support any vehicle backup camera with a standard RCA connection. Please note, you will need to follow the camera instructions for sourcing power.

COMPATIBILITY:

2011-Current Ford & Lincoln vehicles w/ SYNC 2 (MyFord / MyLincoln Touch or SYNC 3 (8" Touchscreen) If you have the "Jukebox" feature, then this is NOT for you. Not sure? Ask us FIRST!

https://www.4dtech.com/ford-camera-programmer-for-sync-2-3-8-screen/

caliboy15

To each his or her own but many of us want it. If you dont...fine but I definitely want this.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I totally agree with you, it's just my opinion.

keep us updated if you ever get this on your car.

brbauer2

The CANopener has to be dong stuff that we should be able to do with FORScan. Just need to find what block it is changing.

Also, I would be VERY careful of using the CANopener if you are tuned at all. Play it safe and uninstall any tune before trying this.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Someone already figured out what to change in FORSCAN. There is a thread on it, just had to figure out the wiring.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I have received this response from the 4DTech team concerning if it works.

Thank you for contacting us. Yes, the Ford Camera Programmer will work for your Fiesta. I did not come up in your search because it is a brand new product and has not been associated with any vehicles in our search function yet.
The harness is a nice quick install for the car to have the video in. I have ordered the cable for the FORScan if that works out the harness would be the only extra I need to purchase. Else I get the programming module they have.

Last edited:
OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
I may just pick up this harness too. I haven't been able to work on this project for a few months now.

Well just ordered the harness and a cheap camera off ebay. Way too many selections on camera and they are almost the same. Decided to get an OE look so just a non fancy wedge that requires a 1/4" hole. If the Forscan enabler does not pan out I simply need to get their CANopener.

brbauer2

I wonder if the CANopener is married to the car like the Accessport...

Sent from my OnePlus 3

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Well just ordered the harness and a cheap camera off ebay. Way too many selections on camera and they are almost the same. Decided to get an OE look so just a non fancy wedge that requires a 1/4" hole. If the Forscan enabler does not pan out I simply need to get their CANopener.
FORScan will work.