Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LSD and Final Drive Installation

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is it possible to completely flush out the brake and clutch systems SEPARATELY and INDIVIDUALLY on these cars, given the shared reservoir? [???:)]

IF so, which fluid (brand/spec) did they use to refill/flush the clutch system?

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #42
I find bleeding the clutch to be a pain as I do it with my fingers and no tools. The bleed valve under pressure is a pain to rotate but you have to make sure to open it all the way and close it all the way. Hopefully just a rebleed is all it needs.

Took it to the same shop for a rebleed and even though it's not as pronounced as it was, it's still there during rapid use of the clutch. Switched over to Motul 300 at the same time, and I can tell there's a difference there, but I don't believe it should be causing the issue with the clutch. So going to take a little time this weekend or next to take a look at it and see if I can bleed it myself. Would take it back to the shop I was at, but an hour round trip just isn't worth the hassle for something like this.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Bumping an old thread...

If I have a trans with an LSD already installed, do I need anything extra to install the final drive gear? Meaning does the LSD install use any one-time pieces that I would need to buy again in order to install the final drive gearing?

Bumping an old thread...

If I have a trans with an LSD already installed, do I need anything extra to install the final drive gear? Meaning does the LSD install use any one-time pieces that I would need to buy again in order to install the final drive gearing?
The bolts that hold the ring gear to the differential are meant to be one time use.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
The bolts that hold the ring gear to the differential are meant to be one time use.
So are these two scenarios an equal amount of work?
1) buying an LSD and final drive and installing them into a trans
2) having a trans with an LSD already it in, but then installing final drive.

So are these two scenarios an equal amount of work?
1) buying an LSD and final drive and installing them into a trans
2) having a trans with an LSD already it in, but then installing final drive.
If you have to install an LSD at the same time, then you would be installing new bearings onto the carrier, checking the end play and possibly installing new shims. Hmm, you might have to check where the new pinion gear sits anyway.

Regardless, absolutely make sure you get an LSD. I think that is significantly more beneficial than just about any other mod you do.