Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
And I said...let there be reverse camera, and saw that it was good...and I wept.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Awesome job. Any pictures of the video connection behind the screen? The harness has not shipped so I can cancel and do it like you. An I am having tears of joy for you to! Last does the zoom thingy work? I think its digital zoom so it should.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #22
I will try and take a picture of the connection behind the screen tomorrow. Honestly, I would go to a auto parts store and try and find a cheap electrical connection that would have similar connection and cannibalize it for the 2 wires and connectors you need. You really will have to cut one end of the video cable off to thread it through the car so you can either splice the end back together and connect it to the new harness or just splice it to the added wires.

I didn't even notice the zoom thing until you just mentioned it. I went out to test it and sadly it does not work. I image that the camera has to have the ability to zoom, which mine apparently does not.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I image that the camera has to have the ability to zoom, which mine apparently does not.
That's it EPIC FAIL undo everything!!! LOL Nah I have it on the Edge and used it ONCE. Pointless unless you are trying to hitch a trailer. Even then meh.

I will try and take a picture of the connection behind the screen tomorrow. Honestly, I would go to a auto parts store and try and find a cheap electrical connection that would have similar connection and cannibalize it for the 2 wires and connectors you need. You really will have to cut one end of the video cable off to thread it through the car so you can either splice the end back together and connect it to the new harness or just splice it to the added wires.
I would do this but I have not looked closely at the connector to see what it takes. I have no issues making a cable but I am 20-30 minutes from any store that would have anything so starting and stopping is a kill joy. If it is similar to PC cables I have tons. I also have an account with Digikey (electronic supply) so if I know the type of crimp the cable needs I can get it and order it. But after typing all this I have canceled the order for the cable. Shipping to my door was the price of the cable. So now I need good pictures of details of the type of connector that is used.

This is awesome! Can you post pics/links to the stuff you used (camera, cables, connections, etc)? Not necessarily a how-to, just more info so we can buy the right stuff. Thanks for having the guts to dive in head first and figure it all out.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #25
That's it EPIC FAIL undo everything!!! LOL Nah I have it on the Edge and used it ONCE. Pointless unless you are trying to hitch a trailer. Even then meh.

I would do this but I have not looked closely at the connector to see what it takes. I have no issues making a cable but I am 20-30 minutes from any store that would have anything so starting and stopping is a kill joy. If it is similar to PC cables I have tons. I also have an account with Digikey (electronic supply) so if I know the type of crimp the cable needs I can get it and order it. But after typing all this I have canceled the order for the cable. Shipping to my door was the price of the cable. So now I need good pictures of details of the type of connector that is used.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...UmgaFJYVG5XhBT58vz5hc3LOpA%2bYD9QtuRZQKTeQQ==

These are the connectors you use. I scavenged through my computer parts bin and found some more wire that had the style of connections that would be better suited than what I used, so I will probably open it back up and replace what I used with these.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #26
This is what the connection to the screen will look like. You will simply insert the connections in #14 & #15.

Last edited:
OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #27

The outer part is just a sheath. There are two tabs that will need to be released and it will slide off.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #28
This is awesome! Can you post pics/links to the stuff you used (camera, cables, connections, etc)? Not necessarily a how-to, just more info so we can buy the right stuff. Thanks for having the guts to dive in head first and figure it all out.
You will need a OBD II with ms-can on/off switch. Can be found on ebay and Amazon for about $20-30.

Reverse camera. There are different styles ones you drill holes for and ones that replace the licence plate light. I went with the latter. I don't like the idea of drilling holes. These can be found on ebay or Aliexpress for about $10-15. Look for one's that are 58mm. This is what I got.

A couple feet of 1/4" ID nylon hose will be your best friend when running wire.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club

First thank you for all your pictures. I will get the wire crimp connector. Second for that camera I did not think it would fit well do you have the ebay link and a picture of it installed? I did order the drill 1/4" hole one but they are cheap enough to get another. And Again thank you. Once I get everything I may require more information.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #30
First thank you for all your pictures. I will get the wire crimp connector. Second for that camera I did not think it would fit well do you have the ebay link and a picture of it installed? I did order the drill 1/4" hole one but they are cheap enough to get another. And Again thank you. Once I get everything I may require more information.
It fits and fits very snug. I ordered the one I installed back in mid December and it never came, even 2 weeks after it said it was supposed to arrive. So, I ended up getting a refund. I ordered the style of the second one from Aliexpress. Just so happens that the one I originally ordered showed up at the end of February within days of getting the one from Aliexpress. I ended up with two.

http://www.ebay.com
/itm/371615886647?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/B827-CAR-REAR-VIEW-CAMERA-BACKUP-CAMERA-FOR-FORD-MONDEO-FOCUS-FIESTA-/221494167878?hash=item339214c946:g:w~4AAOxy0bRTFy-o

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #32
I edited my previous post with the links for the cameras. Unfortunately all these styles come from china. Nobody in the states has them.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #34
Once you get the wire up to the front you can see that there is a small space to run the wire behind the screen.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Can you list the year and sync version? Maybe that has impact on the values. carguy is a sync2 2015. I will do some cleaning of this thread to keep the information relevant.
When using FORScan always make and save a copy.of your original program for whatever you are modifying with FORScan, i.e. like the APIM. That way you can revert back if you cause any errors. You shouldn't have any issues.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
And I said...let there be reverse camera, and saw that it was good...and I wept.

Congratulations!!! I can't wait for mine. Just haven't had the time to put into this lately.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #38
Congratulations!!! I can't wait for mine. Just haven't had the time to put into this lately.

I hear you. Took me over a week doing it in bits and pieces.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #39
Interesting little tidbit I found under vehicle settings. There is a button now for camera settings. Didn't notice any changes when selecting camera delay.