Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #63
Part number for the white plastic clips
W714 972 S300

Last edited:

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Damn got 2 cameras, software, crimps for the head unit, taps for the power all i'm missing is the damn programmer. Taking its sweet time to get here.

Hey guys, just finished up in the garage and thought I'd chime in.

I can confirm that the forscan update and direct wiring to pins 14&15 work on a 2016 w/Sync3 (with the android auto update). I used the pins from a PC power supply floppy drive power connector and although to have to jam them a bit with pliers for them to seat fully they worked fine. Thanks for all the info and tips in this thread (like the nylon tubing) install would have been a beast without them!

brbauer2

Hey guys, just finished up in the garage and thought I'd chime in.

I can confirm that the forscan update and direct wiring to pins 14&15 work on a 2016 w/Sync3 (with the android auto update). I used the pins from a PC power supply floppy drive power connector and although to have to jam them a bit with pliers for them to seat fully they worked fine. Thanks for all the info and tips in this thread (like the nylon tubing) install would have been a beast without them!
Great news.

Any issues with the auto day/night switching and brightness adjustment for the display through the settings? I lost both functions (still showing in settings, just didn't work) when I changed the value in FORScan.

Great news.

Any issues with the auto day/night switching and brightness adjustment for the display through the settings? I lost both functions (still showing in settings, just didn't work) when I changed the value in FORScan.
Yeah, those do seem to not function any more. That's a weird interaction...

I wonder if android auto runs it's own day/night settings or if it takes them from the headunit. Haven't been out late since the install.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Well finally got the programmer. Got a reel of crimp connectors, 2 camera, removal tools and ready to go. Will download the app for the laptop. I may have missed it but do we need the extended licence? I have an account on the forum but it says to wait if you need it.

That is the same one I eventually got.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
or [MENTION=4348]LedRobster[/MENTION]
re-reading all the post what should the switch on the programmer be set to? MS-CAN or HS-CAN?

18010174_1168117396648199_1602268100950644035_n.jpg

Well finally got the programmer. Got a reel of crimp connectors, 2 camera, removal tools and ready to go. Will download the app for the laptop. I may have missed it but do we need the extended licence? I have an account on the forum but it says to wait if you need it.

or [MENTION=4348]LedRobster[/MENTION]
re-reading all the post what should the switch on the programmer be set to? MS-CAN or HS-CAN?

View attachment 14146
I used a Bluetooth reader that didn't have a switch so I'm not sure on that one.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Installed!!!

Connected an eBay $30 licence camera camera and could not be happier. It took about 4 hours but that was due to me re-verifying the cabling/connection at every stage and taking my time. Taking the trim from the interior and exterior of the hatch was actually very easy. to make your life easier find a stiff 1/4" tube about 2 feet. Helps guide wire without scratching. I wired the camera power to the reverse light (easy to pick up the power is the hatch) and since the camera has a built in light for the licence plate I destroyed a LED light and used it to wedge the wires in. Using a liberal amount of silicon grease to keep moisture away. To pass the cables into the hatch I cut a slit in the plug removed some material and greased it up to prevent moisture to get in. To be honest there are tons of other holes so water does get in. I used the driver side rubber channel that I have used before for getting the wires into the main body (that channel is now full). Used the same trick of large blunt screw driver and lots of plastic safe grease. Fed the wires in the dash (again with the tube) and closed everything up. When using the forscan software before the camera is connected it does take almost a minute to detect it is not working so be patient.

View attachment 14307
View attachment 14296
View attachment 14305
View attachment 14303
View attachment 14302
View attachment 14300
View attachment 14301
View attachment 14299
View attachment 14298
View attachment 14297
View attachment 14304
View attachment 14306

this is great... can't wait to do this myself. just waiting for the camera to come in from china. you happen to have any extra crimps left over?

Connected an eBay $30 licence camera camera and could not be happier. It took about 4 hours but that was due to me re-verifying the cabling/connection at every stage and taking my time. Taking the trim from the interior and exterior of the hatch was actually very easy. to make your life easier find a stiff 1/4" tube about 2 feet. Helps guide wire without scratching. I wired the camera power to the reverse light (easy to pick up the power is the hatch) and since the camera has a built in light for the licence plate I destroyed a LED light and used it to wedge the wires in. Using a liberal amount of silicon grease to keep moisture away. To pass the cables into the hatch I cut a slit in the plug removed some material and greased it up to prevent moisture to get in. To be honest there are tons of other holes so water does get in. I used the driver side rubber channel that I have used before for getting the wires into the main body (that channel is now full). Used the same trick of large blunt screw driver and lots of plastic safe grease. Fed the wires in the dash (again with the tube) and closed everything up. When using the forscan software before the camera is connected it does take almost a minute to detect it is not working so be patient.

View attachment 14307
View attachment 14296
View attachment 14305
View attachment 14303
View attachment 14302
View attachment 14300
View attachment 14301
View attachment 14299
View attachment 14298
View attachment 14297
View attachment 14304
View attachment 14306

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
this is great... can't wait to do this myself. just waiting for the camera to come in from china. you happen to have any extra crimps left over?
oh just about 1000. I have an account with most electronic suppliers. Shoot me your address I will try to put some in the mail.