Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Custom painted or wrapped cars

So I'm thinking about repainting my car when I get back to the US in a couple years and wanted to see some custom colors. My paint is getting absolutely destroyed thanks to the high speeds we regularly drive over here. Rocks are damn near bullets.

I didn't see any posts like this but since all the standard colors are on this forum I figured this is the place for the thread. So please post pictures in here if you have a custom paint or wrap.

DvC

There is a guy in my local group that has wrapped his a few times. Let ke see if i can rustle up some pics

Spaceman_Spiff

How much does it generally cost to wrap a car? Just wondering...
This is something I'd like to know, also. I see plenty of wrapped cars on Facebook, there has to be someone here who's familiar with it :) Hopefully this'll help bump it to their attention.

mine is Tiffany Blue :) My only complaint is when I do catch a rock you see the dark blue underneath.. I'm definitely looking into a clear bra or something.

Bluedrank

If you're into DIY, don't forget plastidip. It's considerably cheaper than a full vehicle wrap.

I would say depends how jacked up your paint is. Few chips is to expected unless someone keyed your car or got swiped in the parking lot then it would be the perfect excuse to go custom paint. I think it's still too new to paint I vote wrap.
plus you can get as crazy as you want with the wrap as much as you want

So for a nice wrap job, depending on the area you live in can go for around 2-4k. You just want to make sure you get a reputable installer that knows what they are doing and doesn't skimp out. For instance, this is a good example of a terrible wrap job. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YdkXLKrL4

That being said, if your front end is pretty damaged from chips and what not, getting it wrapped might not be the best idea. Main reason being that the wrap will not be able to adhere to the area where the damage is. General rule of thumb when trying to decide between wrap vs paint is this. If you have good paint, get a wrap. If you have bad paint, get a paint job.

Man this makes me want to wrap my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk