Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ethanol Sensor Install

OP
E

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #21
Oh ok so it does reach all the way to that vent. How did you wire the whole gauge up? What did you tap into to put the yellow and brown wires in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tapped red and white together to an add a fuse, Black to ground, you don’t need brown and yellow.

I tapped red and white together to an add a fuse, Black to ground, you don’t need brown and yellow.
With out the yellow and brown wires can you still see the ethanol content and fuel temperature??

OP
E

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #23
With out the yellow and brown wires can you still see the ethanol content and fuel temperature??

Sent from my iPhone
Yes, those are output wires for data loggers or stand alone ECUs.

Oh ok, you just made everything a lot easier. Thank you

Hey my plug for the gauge doesn’t fit into the sensor did you need an attachment ? Mine didn’t even come close to fitting?

slopoke

Fantastic writeup! I'm finishing up a 91 octane tune for my Revo turbo setup. I was planning to go 93 octane next, but going E30 was recommended by my tuner.

So I started to research ethanol sensors and placement and that's how I stumbled onto this post. The way the OP installed the sensor is how I plan to install my sensor setup. I plan to use a Zeitronix round gauge and mount it into the glove box. I already used a lot of dash space with the three gauges I've already installed, plus the ethanol content will not change unless I add fuel. So constant monitoring for me is not needed.

How did you install the gauge into the vent line that? I know you'll need the pod, but how do you run the wires out of the gauge without coming out the front?

OP
E

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #28
I ran them along the drivers side trim from the rear and up the driver kick panels once you remove the vent the wires hand behind the dash. A little late since I’m hardly in here now.
How did you install the gauge into the vent line that? I know you'll need the pod, but how do you run the wires out of the gauge without coming out the front?

I ran them along the drivers side trim from the rear and up the driver kick panels once you remove the vent the wires hand behind the dash. A little late since I’m hardly in here now.
Thanks! Don’t worry about your response time, I haven’t gotten to it yet.

I installed almost identical setup but mine is making a hissing noise, something I think is wrong but what could it be?