Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Winter Tires, Lets hear what you think

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Looking to buy some winter tires for this coming up year, and would like the hear people's choices and how they're holding up after last winter. Any rubbing with any sizes? Any recommendations? Any concerns? What size is the best for our cars? All that!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

The reason I went with 15" 185's is it's the same size as the spare. Meaning it won't rub. And cheaper than 16's. Besides, you're driving on snow and ice.

Sorry, I went with 195 60/15's. Go to page 5 of this discussion my pic is near the top. the result is 7mm higher than the original, but works out perfect , no rubbing.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Just checked it out, thanks man. I just need to make the 195 vs 185 debate. I'm sure there isn't much of a difference between the two.

It's not price effective at all, but I went the winter beater route and bought a 2001 F-150 4x4. There are rare times when I need a truck and I know it'll handle anything winter throws at me.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Quick question. I'm about to purchase Sportline wheels with 185/60/15 winter wheel and tire package from TireRack.

It gives me the option to buy tire pressure sensors and have them already installed when I get the wheels, which I want to do. But then it says I'll have to go to the dealership and get the senors initialzed. Am I understanding that correctly; so I get the wheels with the sensors installed but they won't be initialzed, which will be done by the dealership once I get them on the actual car?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Quick question. I'm about to purchase Sportline wheels with 185/60/15 winter wheel and tire package from TireRack.

It gives me the option to buy tire pressure sensors and have them already installed when I get the wheels, which I want to do. But then it says I'll have to go to the dealership and get the senors initialzed. Am I understanding that correctly; so I get the wheels with the sensors installed but they won't be initialzed, which will be done by the dealership once I get them on the actual car?
That is correct unless you know someone or have a tpms training device then there is a procedure for learning them to the car . that learning is what the dealer will do for you at a cost..

I guess it's getting on that time of year again when we put our running shoes away and break out the boots.

Looking at the General Altimax Arctic/Steelies combo in 185/60/15 from tire rack. Little under 550 bucks mounted.

These tires seem too cheap to be true, compared to the others. But the TR.com review seems to rank these as tops... Experiences?

Don't think I'm going to do the TPMS, and live with it for the season... Thoughts?

With these steelies in 15", I see very low caliper clearance... Any stories of ice lockup with this?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Somebody on here has then and loves them. Everybody I've heard say they're amazing. I'm running those with the sport line 5 spoke wheels from tire rack. Steelies will cost around 50-60 bucks and the sport line wheels were only 90 so I thought night as well get something that looks somewhat cool. Ha.

I'll be putting mine on when the temperature starts falling under 40 around here.

I can't find the thread or photos of the person who I got my set up from on here. Hopefully somebody else knows who it is or maybe he'll see this. Ha.

I just purchased today the Michelin ice x Xi3's in 195/55/15 form. I went with the cheapest 15 alloy wheel I could get. Total was 974 shipped to my door. But I'll be getting 120 back in the form of mail in rebates from tire rack, and Michelin.

I put the xi3 on my fiance civic, and it was a monster in the snow. It just would go through anything, had my father try it out, he was so impressed he put the xi3 on his MKZ hybrid! On BBS rims no less!

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Yeah TR us giving a bunch of rebates for winter tires. I'll be getting 50 bucks back from purchasing my Generals.

And I wanted to go the cheapest 15 inch route also but I thought I'd try something different this time and get something with a little more style than my normal Steelies route. And like I said it was only about 15 bucks more per wheel which was fine since I saved so much by going with the Generals. Mine was around 850 shipped, do 8000 after the mail in rebates. I don't think that's bad at all for proven winter tires and okay looking wheels.

And that was also with them mounting and balancing the tires on the wheels and putting the pressure sensors in them.

Yeah TR us giving a bunch of rebates for winter tires. I'll be getting 50 bucks back from purchasing my Generals.

And I wanted to go the cheapest 15 inch route also but I thought I'd try something different this time and get something with a little more style than my normal Steelies route. And like I said it was only about 15 bucks more per wheel which was fine since I saved so much by going with the Generals. Mine was around 850 shipped, do 8000 after the mail in rebates. I don't think that's bad at all for proven winter tires and okay looking wheels.

And that was also with them mounting and balancing the tires on the wheels and putting the pressure sensors in them.
Good luck with them, I've never heard anything good about Generals, they wear out fast

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I've only heard great things about them. All the reviews and people who have them say they're great. We'll see this winter.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I had those on my veloster and they were great. I was just looking for something new this time around an heard nothing but good things about the Generals.

I've only heard great things about them. All the reviews and people who have them say they're great. We'll see this winter.
+1. I had General Altimax Arctic on my last car. Very good on ice and long lasting. Excellent tire for the price. The only negative aspect is the sidewalls, so sooooft. You just can't drive aggressive with those.

Just put an order in with Discount Tire over the phone. 15" steelies and 185/60/15 Coopers. DT has the steelies at $59 and SummitRacing has them at $44. I called DT and they not only matched, but beat Summit's pricing at $40/wheel. With another $40 discount on the tires, it all came out to $444 mounted, balanced, and shipped to my door. Really can't beat that.

Ford Community Posts