Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Winter Tires, Lets hear what you think

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback! I drive almost all freeway; just about anywhere I go is plowed, so I'm thinking the Pirellis should work out pretty well.
The Pirellis are fairly well reviewed but you might want to go to a smaller rim size for more variety. Have you looked at anything in 16s or 15s?

I did initially. You're right, there's a lot more avail if you get into the smaller rims. Maybe that's what I'll do next year. This year, I'm going to just change out the tires.

Butterybunz

I'm sure they have them in 17" as well.

Walmart Site to Store tires have been the cheapest way to go from what I have found. I've done a lot of shopping around and they are always the cheapest I find. I just use the search by size option.
I'm not a Walmart shopper, but I use them for tires every time.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I have 15 inch with General winter tires. I went with the alternate set up tire rack recommends. 185/60 15s I think.

I did initially. You're right, there's a lot more avail if you get into the smaller rims. Maybe that's what I'll do next year. This year, I'm going to just change out the tires.
If you are gonna swap back and forth on the summer rims, you might want to consider going to a smaller set of steelies. Tires will be cheaper in the smaller sizes and you will need to pay the mounting cost twice if you are using one set of rims. Steelies are $40-50 per corner so it will probably be the same cost as using one set of wheels and you won't mangle your aluminum rims!

If you are gonna swap back and forth on the summer rims, you might want to consider going to a smaller set of steelies. Tires will be cheaper in the smaller sizes and you will need to pay the mounting cost twice if you are using one set of rims. Steelies are $40-50 per corner so it will probably be the same cost as using one set of wheels and you won't mangle your aluminum rims!

That's a good point about the aluminum rims. Maybe I'll look for some steelies.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thats why I bought steelies.

elam

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback! I drive almost all freeway; just about anywhere I go is plowed, so I'm thinking the Pirellis should work out pretty well.
I bought Sottozero's for this same reason. We get plenty of snow, but it's usually plowed quickly and i drive 60 miles round trip on the highway. I really wanted to have as much performance ability in the winter as I could, and these tires reviewed very well for that purpose.

Colder weather next week, so perhaps we'll see.

The dealership where I got my fiesta st hooked me up with free 195/60r15 goodyear winters on steel rims and they are pretty great!

The dealership where I got my fiesta st hooked me up with free 195/60r15 goodyear winters on steel rims and they are pretty great!
Wow free? They treat you better than me! I ended up ordering 15" rims and 185/60 Blizzak WS 80 tires. Sadly, they don't arrive until Tommie and it's going to be 7? tonight, so leaving ST home and catching a ride with a co-worker... Got them pre-balanced from Tire Rack with the TPMS tool, so I'll be ready to pop those on tomorrow and have my ride back!

Yeah they were having a winter special on all models basically a winter safety package if you ever buh from them this month of november they came in with tpms too!

I have ws80 tires on stock rims. There pretty amazing in snow, the car is now drivable in the winter and its a lot of fun flicking the car around on snow, letting it slide around a lot

Paid $970, got $120 in rebate cards. (I ignored their demand to only use one of the offered rebate programs) One from Michelin, one from Tire Rack. I used them to finally get myself an xbox one!

Sport Edition A8 wheels wrapped in Michelin X-Ice Xi3's 195/55/15

Very happy with the combo. No ice or snow yet, but with temps in the teens (F) for several days, they have been good at getting traction. The summer tires were pointless below 45F.

I will say thank you to whoever posted the TPMS reset/learning procedure. The one in the manual is useless. I programmed the car in less than 5 minutes.

Just ordered a set of Rok Blokz. was waiting for the rally armor, but I need the protection now!

My original order was for 15" steelies, but they're on a crazy long backorder on Tire Rack (Ordered in September, estimated arrival was in December...) so I just swapped out for some cheap clearance 15" wheels instead. Goodyear Ultra Grips for the tires, not the best but I'm on a budget at the moment.

Think General Altimax 205/50/17 will fit?

I don't want to deal with rubbing, but I need to do something for this winter as I drive 30 miles to work. Tirerack's steelies are on backorder till mid december. Which means I'll get a foot of snow in early december. Since I plan to get new wheels in the summer, I can see buying steelies and tires. Then I'll have three sets of wheels...

Not worried about the mount and dismount, free mount dismount all I want.