Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New car acting up already??

The car twice has done this: After being turned on and driven for a couple of minutes..if you just tip the gas pedal, the car starts iddleing rough......after a couple of seconds..it goes away...any ideas?? Running 93 always.....6500 miles....no oil change yet.......ford performance catback and kn filter only mods...weird...any ideas??? No check engine lights either..

Last edited:
What do you mean by rough ?

Cars will usually idle at higher rpm until they are warmed up
Mine idles over 1,000 ish till it's warm then drops back down to 750

Give it an oil change to get rid of all the break in oil see if that helps

It's a common issue to see this after filling up with gas, but I don't think I've heard of it after a normal start.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
If you try to top up the tank it will behave like described. If you've done it too often the EVAP system will be compromised and can result in a code being registered (but not always). When filling stop when the pump stops, do not try to add ANY gas, wait a second or two before pulling the nozzle out(gas door sticker says 5 seconds). Other possibilities bad gas (try another station/vendor), bad spark plug gaps (unlikely in your case), slight leak in the turbo hoses (there was a TSB on this for older years but it could be a loose clamp), air intake messed up either no air or sensors fowled (oil from the K&N on the sensors, unlikely unless you cleaned it, over oiled it and put it in really wet). Good luck.

I had my vapor purge valve replaced and it seemed to fix the issue....though it wasn't a big deal....it would only occasionally do it after a fill up....sometimes I think my RS stumbles a bit after a fill up....I just give it a little throttle if I'm at a traffic light and its all good

OP
L
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the advice...first time it did it was after filling up....second time was last night just went to pharmacy for 10 minutes came back and when i got home i just tapped the gas and did it again...i think...it may be bad gas, and fhe fact i drive 70 miles a day......im waiting for the first oil change....thanks for the advise everyone...

Mine does this almost always. If I'm at a stop and blip the throttle it'll drop down to almost 500 rpms then back up to normal idle