Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MeisterR Warranty Process

Trader history for Hijinx (0)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Hello all!

As some may know my car had previously been on jackstands for the last week or so... If you didn't know, you do now. If you don't care, then it's irrelevant.

Anywho, approximately 2 weeks ago, I began noticing some issues. Noteably, at full steering lock I would get some shuddering. The whole front end would shimmy. So, of course thought "please not my diff." I decided to get down and see what was going on. Turns out (no pun intended) that at full lock, my passenger side strut was sagging, coming into contact with the tire... Then I realized I'd been getting an odd pop over sharp bumps and dips... "Duh!" I pull the coilover out and I see this:

IMG_5162.JPG

Long story, short, I message Jerrick and the ball gets rolling. Turns out it's a pretty rare type of failure where the seal for the adjustment knob failed. I'm still within my years timeframe so Jerrick gets a new damper shipped out to me. While I wasn't aware it would be the damper catridge only, I invited the experience, instead of being salty. MeisterR warranties the damaged part only!

All in all, I'm pleased with the outcome. Car is back to normal and I'm a happy customer. Thanks again Jerrick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #3
Of note:

My wheels and tires clear the struts with about a fingers width.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeisterR

Vendor
Yes, it is a very odd type of failure.
To be honest the dampers been reliable so failure is few and far between, but very rare to have the internal adjustment mechanism fail so oil leak through the top.

Either way, that is why we have a warranty policy in place to take care of you if things does goes wrong.
Glad it is all sorted and the car drives nice again. :)

Jerrick

Ford Community Posts