Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Need more graphs to make that assessment. The stocker seems to spool pretty late as well on the MRX graph. I think they loaded the vehicle late from the looks of it and mainly why I want more dyno's and info, at least a boost curve lol.

Look where peak torque is being made for both turbos, that says it all.

Mountune

X47

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #62
Need more graphs to make that assessment. The stocker seems to spool pretty late as well on the MRX graph. I think they loaded the vehicle late from the looks of it and mainly why I want more dyno's and info, at least a boost curve lol.
Yeah, like I said. Until we see a few customer data logs and experiences, I'm not gonna count this one out.
People were skeptical of the hybrids at first too.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I plan on picking this up, but want to wait until some others go first to sort out any issues.

That being said, I have the MR230 pack and have had no issues whatsoever with it, so I fully trust Mountune's testing.
We should do a pull for when and if you get this kit! I'm only running the x37 but you're near enough for a little pull:)

Sent from my CIA monitored device

Anyone else notice what appears to be recirc-groove on gt2554r compressor housing in the comparison photo on mountune site?

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #65
Anyone else notice what appears to be recirc-groove on gt2554r compressor housing in the comparison photo on mountune site?
They put an anti-surge housing on the turbo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #67
Just the surge side? BW EFR Tech Training Guide mentioned that it extends op range on the right. Curious it's the same for GT.
If you read the description all it mentions is an anti-surge housing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That, and they're scaled differently. To my eyes, the torque peak is within a few hundred rpm of each other. I can't see the actual peak rpm on the mountune but the graph looks like 3800-4000rpm peak, and the hybrid is 3600ish.

The problem with comparing the hybrid is there is no one kit for it, so many variables. And any one difference can affect the minor differences we're seeing.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #69
Soooo, this puppy hit 275ish whp on their Mustang Chassis dyno.
Alright I'm convinced.

Also, shout out to Randy to replying within minutes every time!

Sounds good! It's pending wife approval (getting harder and harder to get!) and other's findings/reviews.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #71
I don't wanna get my hopes up, but I can't ignore the fact that this hit 275ish on a Mustang...
Now, it's generally regarded in the dyno community that Mustangs can read between 10-15% LOWER on average compared to a Dynojet. Which is what 90% of these hybrid turbos are getting numbers from.
Even if we go from the low side on this estimate (10%).... this turbo breaks 300 whp on a dynojet.

broken record time. till they come up with a better solution to their present intercooler it don't mean nothing. I have one of their intercoolers on a x37. said this many times. as soon as out side temps hit 85 thereabouts power is cut to near stage 3 levels. last time I looked at a calendar that means june july august and sept. hmmm summer.
...yea I got sour grapes.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #73
broken record time. till they come up with a better solution to their present intercooler it don't mean nothing. I have one of their intercoolers on a x37. said this many times. as soon as out side temps hit 85 thereabouts power is cut to near stage 3 levels. last time I looked at a calendar that means june july august and sept. hmmm summer.
...yea I got sour grapes.
Well luckily the intercooler isn't included in their kit, all they say is an upgraded intercooler is needed.
So I've got good news for ya, you can buy any intercooler you want[emoji1]

Butterybunz

That, and they're scaled differently. To my eyes, the torque peak is within a few hundred rpm of each other. I can't see the actual peak rpm on the mountune but the graph looks like 3800-4000rpm peak, and the hybrid is 3600ish.
I guess we are reading these graphs differently. The Mountune 2554R is hitting peak torque close to 5000 rpm on 93 oct while the X47 is hitting it around 3600. The x47 is reaching peak torque almost instantly while the Mountune 2554R takes it's sweet time.

I don't know. I can't differentiate the colours on their lines well enough; I just moved over to my laptop and it's no better. You may be correct, but I think we're correct in saying that 1 graph is not nearly enough data to judge the kit on yet.... That said, with what I want out of this car, I will likely find myself in the hybrid camp anyway. It's just not worth shooting down a kit that hasn't even really come out on the market yet, IMO. Especially since any development is good development, IMO. Having more options is more bester.

Is this turbo a GT2554R? Did we establish this Brura22?
It is but it has a anti surge housing and a 11 blade compressor wheel. That makes it larger than the regular 2554 right?

Also I wonder if mountune has an option to purchase the turbo itself outside of the kit for those that already have the 2554r

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a GT2554R from another member here.....also it has ported manifold by SS and some other custom pieces that are very tasty that not many others have Done to try and Squeeze some more power out and help with flow. I also spoke with Alex at stratified about what I all have ....told him what I want and he said should not be a problem at all. I will keep you all posted over the coming months. Brura22....dont get your panties in a bunch man I don't want you to stroke out early in life. I'm just giving you a hard to to get a rise out of you....take it easy on the keyboard there commando![poke]