Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #121
Coming in the mail [emoji39]
Also got some VP Racing meth and e85 coming in for testing and datalogs :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #123
Turbo arrives tomorrow, randy is doing custom calibration for me, once we finish tuning it I'll start the process with Adam aswell.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Please post the vdyno of both tuners. I'm sure you will be amazed at the differences in the numbers and what the graphs look like.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think this will get 270whp ....but I'd rather have gobs of torque with that number. It will be interesting to see the outcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

meFiSTo

MRX upgrade is installed, along with the mountune oil control sump insert. Now I have to find time to do some datalogging and get the data back to mountune USA. I'm probably going to tilt to a "safe" setup since my objective is to flog this car at track days. Sturdy is good. Finicky is bad.

Last edited:
As with all the turbo upgrade options... I wish it was CA CARB legal. Anyone know what the logistical issue is?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
As with all the turbo upgrade options... I wish it was CA CARB legal. Anyone know what the logistical issue is?
IF you are running the factory down pipe and manifold (and maybe even a factory stock intake/IC piping, to fool them even more yet), HOW can the inspection Nazis tell if you are running an external factory appearing HYBID, with bigger internal components/porting??[???:)]

PLEASE do not tell me that they pull your snail off at every emissions inspection and compare it to a factory example they have laying around (or to an internet image or such)!! [crazyeye]

IF you are running the factory down pipe and manifold (and maybe even a factory stock intake/IC piping, to fool them even more yet), HOW can the inspection Nazis tell if you are running an external factory appearing HYBID, with bigger internal components/porting??[???:)]

PLEASE do not tell me that they pull your snail off at every emissions inspection and compare it to a factory example they have laying around (or to an internet image or such)!! [crazyeye]
It's California ... I wouldn't be surprised at all [emoji854]

The MRX doesn't look stock though, the new compressor cover is a give away

I've never had a CA smog inspection so invasive that they would have picked up on this. It's mostly just verifying the cats and other smog equipment are in place and working. That said though, you would be taking a risk and hassle of having a car branded as noncompliant if you did get caught.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The MRX doesn't look stock though, the new compressor cover is a give away
Yes, I know, but I was addressing Seijou's concern of ANY aftermarket turbo setup at all not being C.A.R.B. legal, and just pointing out that most of the hybrids, unless you change to an aftermarket waste gate, BOV, and manifold along with them, look FACTORY stock externally (part of their appeal). ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I've never had a CA smog inspection so invasive that they would have picked up on this. It's mostly just verifying the cats and other smog equipment are in place and working. That said though, you would be taking a risk and hassle of having a car branded as noncompliant if you did get caught.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Of course it's better to be fully compliant. [:)]

But is ANYONE EVER going to produce an aftermarket turbo setup which is fully CARB compliant (IF that is even possible with Cali's laws, regardless of tune??), and then pay all of that coin to have them tested/certified/etc., for limited sales? [:(]