Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Of course not....he still tuning...it will take time...all good things come with time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Woods247

2000 Post Club
He said Tuesday or Wednesday. Maybe you missed that. But yeah, I'm a pretty patient dude and happy to wait.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #164
Sorry for the delay guys, I finished install Tuesday, went to button everything up and decided to give the vband clamp a little snug tighten, of course I snapped the bolt in half and had to wait 2 days for a new one [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #165
Just did the first datalog. Randy had me do a pull on strictly wastegate pressure to make sure everything was installed properly.

Since its only running 10 pounds of boost on this log I wont comment on the power clearly lol!

But holy crap is this thing loud. Ill take a video later, sounds great with the catless DP.

Mine is finished installing. Tightening the vband because it has a small leak. Lol. Tighten it ti hard it breaks, to soft it leaks.

Glad to see some people making the plunge with this setup. As others have said 275whp on a Mustang could easily equate to more on an inertia dyno. But like all dyno's they are extremely subjective depending on setup. Nonetheless, I don't think total power is going to be the question here, it's how it spools compared to the current/upcoming hybrid offerings. Keep it up guys! Definitely in for results. :)

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #169
Omg on the second revision with Randy.
Only set to 20 psi. But holy crap.
This thing pulls like freaking freight train!
Hopefully hit max psi tomorrow

How does turbo perform at the lower end of the RPM range? For example, 2500rpm ish is usually where I operate the vehicle as it is just below the power band on the stock turbo. Does it seem to have significantly more lag in favor of high end power vs than the stock turbo?

I'm interested in this kit because Mountune has very good OQE, but I also want the power band to be usable in normal driving.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #172
No this thing isn't hitting full PSI by 2800 rpm or something crazy like the X47 claims.
I knew that when buying this thing though, I'm not really interested in low end power below 3k just because that's where you break shit lol.
Ive got plenty of passing power and around town power though.

What I like about this kit is how it just keeps pulling and pulling and wants more even by redline.
The top end on it is crazy.
I'll have some logs and vdynos posted up of the gas pump tune soon

Good deal. Around town the ST has plenty of power stock in my opinion. Top end power is exactly what Im looking for for the track though. Im sick of running up on everyone in the corners and then getting left for dead on the straights! Im certain the LSD will have to be in my future though...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not on this thread, the previous pre-release thread

Littering and.....littering and.....littering it was all me.....Still trying to be a keyboard commando I see....you do realize that there are people who machine metal to what you want called machinists then the ATP piece is not as restrictive. Wait and see Ya dingus to your health!

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #175
Littering and.....littering and.....littering it was all me.....Still trying to be a keyboard commando I see....you do realize that there are people who machine metal to what you want called machinists then the ATP piece is not as restrictive. Wait and see Ya dingus to your health!

Lmfao!!

😉

You boys like Mexico?!

Interested in the final curves. I don't care about big numbers, but I like a freight train. I'm still torn between this and the x47, thankfully I'm at least a year out, so I have time to think. (I will be shocked if I can actually last a year)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #178

Vs my original X37

Still not on final revision.
Hoping to finish up tuning today.

Actually surprised at how much power I'm making on 91 oct at 5,000 ft in altitude.

You boys like Mexico?!

Interested in the final curves. I don't care about big numbers, but I like a freight train. I'm still torn between this and the x47, thankfully I'm at least a year out, so I have time to think. (I will be shocked if I can actually last a year)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
i
I'm like you, I really think this Mountune or maybe the Tune+ will be what I go with. Frankly, I don't trust any of the X-37/47 variants.

Zormecteon

the most impressive thing there is the torque curve. No drop off, just a steady climb, then flat line... Perhaps I can get this done this summer. Thanx