Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Fiesta MRX Turbo

Brura22

Fiesta ST Mountune MRX Turbo Upgrade

Price - $1799.00 Tune Included

https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-ST-MRX-Turbocharger-Upgrade-p/2364-tu-aa.htm

The mountune Fiesta ST MRX Turbocharger Upgrade is engineered around a genuine Garrett GT2554R core that features a custom engineered 11-blade billet compressor wheel and matching 3" inlet ant-surge compressor housing for incredible response and power. Developed as a complete system with everything available from one source ensures the performance and quality you?ve come to expect from mountune. Note: This product is engineered for a North American specification vehicle for use in North America. We cannot fully support this product outside of the region it was designed for.

Tested and validated over thousands of miles for durability and performance, the mountune MRX Turbocharger Upgrade includes all required hardware, fittings and hoses along with engine calibration for a range of power levels and fuel types. This upgrade does not require any fuel system upgrades and is compatible with both 91, 93, and 94 octane fuel. The mountune MRX Turbocharger Upgrade has been developed for those that desire a fully engineered upgrade that provides an optimized power band. Unlike other upgrades that deliver just peak or high RPM power, the mountune MRX Turbocharger Upgrade offers performance throughout the entire power band ensuring a very responsive and drivable car. The mountune MRX Turbocharger Upgrade is designed for those that are looking for well balanced yet extremely powerful performance derived from years of developing race winning Ford 4 cylinder turbocharged engines.

Mountune Turbosmart BOV Kit

For use with our MRX Turbo Upgrade or those that want a vent to atmosphere bypass valve or BOV. This kit includes everything required to easily install in place of your existing sound symposer setup. We also include the boost reference adapter kit and CEL bypass plug to ensure easy installation.

https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Turbosmart-Kompact-BOV-Kit-Fiesta-ST-p/2364-bov-kit.htm

Last edited:
Sub'd, it is tempting and I'm going to be right there in Cali later this year

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #3
It's 1700 bucks WITH a tune.

The stratified kit (tune included) is 2075 for the x47

I see a real dynojet (not vdyno) graph showing 275 whp on pump gas.
This really isn't a bad deal.

And to the people saying the upgraded compressor wheel isn't much different than the stock GT2554, how many times has the community complained about not having a GTX2554, well now we have something close and people just bitch [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, I'm going to ask how much and how long to install when I'm there. I had them install a turbo kit back home when I lived in England and it was solid

It's 1700 bucks WITH a tune.

The stratified kit (tune included) is 2075 for the x47

I see a real dynojet (not vdyno) graph showing 275 whp on pump gas.
This really isn't a bad deal.

And to the people saying the upgraded compressor wheel isn't much different than the stock GT2554, how many times has the community complained about not having a GTX2554, well now we have something close and people just bitch [emoji23]

Who was bitching?

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #9
Also something to note, the original ATP kits had a stupid restrictive V-Band to manifold flange, looks like Mountune created a custom one.

Maybe I bought a cyborg a little too soon.

Is the dyno chart in whp? Doesn't actually say anywhere.

Comes with canned tune? Says custom tuning available

Also need to add a BOV to the price.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #12
Maybe I bought a cyborg a little too soon.

Is the dyno chart in whp? Doesn't actually say anywhere.

Comes with canned tune? Says custom tuning available

Also need to add a BOV to the price.
I mean, you don't really have to add that to the price.
Some already have a BOV.
I currently run the CPE pipe with a HKS.

Yes I asked Mountune, 275 whp.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #14
Also, looks like they aren't even suggesting a wastegate upgrade on this.
They're running whatever comes with the turbo.
Curious what a Turbosmart 17 psi would add.

Youre getting near the same power on hybrid turbo with a way better powerband. You will be hard pressed breaking 300 on pump gas and the fuel system is tapped regardless so what's the point of a few more hp when you sacrifice having that fat powerband? If you're hunting for those big numbers, then just save up for a kit from DHM with aux fuel, they're proven with dynos and videos.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #16
Youre getting near the same power on hybrid turbo with a way better powerband. You will be hard pressed breaking 300 on pump gas and the fuel system is tapped regardless so what's the point of a few more hp when you sacrifice having that fat powerband? If you're hunting for those big numbers, then just save up for a kit from DHM with aux fuel, they're proven with dynos and videos.
The ST280 kit is making this power (vDyno) with an upgraded wastegate, and upgraded BOV.
At $1,899

This kit apparently makes the same power on a stock wastegate, and you can sell your stock turbo if you want to (if you can find a buyer)

I really don't think this kit is a bad option at all.

So newbie question. If you buy their BOV kit would you still need a symposer delete? It says the BOV kit installs in place of the existing sound symposer setup.

OP
Brura22

Brura22

Thread Starter #18
So newbie question. If you buy their BOV kit would you still need a symposer delete? It says the BOV kit installs in place of the existing sound symposer setup.
It would take place of the Symposer delete plug.
Mounts on the stock charge pipe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ST280 kit is making this power (vDyno) with an upgraded wastegate, and upgraded BOV.
At $1,899

This kit apparently makes the same power on a stock wastegate, and you can sell your stock turbo if you want to (if you can find a buyer)

I really don't think this kit is a bad option at all.

Take a look at the DHM GTX360r kit. That's the kit to have.

Anyone wanna buy a gt2554 ?? [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]