Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any Utah owners on board here?

STooge

Hey Rick. Hows the build going? Seems like we haven't seen ya post here in a while.

Parker- You should start up a thread to toss around idea of a date to go out to the salt flats

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #42
I have been super busy selling off my 332ti project, many other parts, home and car audio gear, and building the car as well as working on the house to get it ready to sell.....

Today I have to figure out how to get it back on the lift as no springs on it for testing tire fitment during full compression and forgot to set the parking brake so it rolled a bit, oops!

I need to finish plumbing the oil cooler, intake design and build or stick the stock one on for a bit, get a few other items sorted then register it and put on some miles to start breaking it in as still has 293 miles on the clock.

You guys are all welcome to stop by most anytime and check it out, nice drive to East Canyon, over the Morgan, etc.....:)

801-452-5858 call first!

Rick

New owner in Salt Lake City, Holladay area. I joined the facebook group just hoped to put my name out there as well. I'm Steve.

New owner in Ogden. Looking forward to some good times. Joining up with SCCA next week at UMC.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Business6

New owner in Ogden. Looking forward to some good times. Joining up with SCCA next week at UMC.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Cool, welcome! I'm a bit away from Ogden but I drive up to Layton every now and then. I might come out to that event for spectating if it is running on Sunday as well. Are you planning on running?

Business6

Saw a guy this morning in South Jordan in a Magnetic Gray. Waved to me but I don't think you saw me wave to you, haha.

Yeah I’m out in West Jordan for work in a magnetic gray fiesta. Where did you see them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oxy

Hey yall, new to Utah, from Portland. Just moved to the Murray area and bought my FiST a couple days ago.

Question about winter: do you use snow tires? And if so, when do you usually start putting them on?

Also, any recommendations for a good "bang for your buck" ski resort. I'm excited to do some snowboarding this season.

Welcome! I live near Murray. I have a spare set of wheels with Bridgestone blizzak tires. You will definitely need at least all season tires for the winter here. I would wait as long as you can to put them on as they wear faster than most tires.

oxy

Alright thanks, maybe I'll look into saving for a set of steelies from tirerack with those blizzaks.

Keep an eye on the classifieds at KSL.com as that’s where I got mine for 350$ for a used set.

Business6

My Blizzaks performed wonderfully last year in the three chances I had to drive in the snow but you just have to be rather careful with the throttle when dry/wet, of course. I should be able to finish out this winter with the set before they die out.

oxy

Any of you guys have a powder coating shop you recommend around here?

I tried to contact Armor Coatings, but they haven't replied to me.

I want to get my wheels powder coated black because the previous owner was apparently an awful driver and scuffed the hell out of two of them.

EDIT: I got a reply back from Armor coatings and they said 70 per wheel including blasting, cleaning, powder and labor....that seems extremely reasonable. Hopefully there aren't any hidden costs. Definitely gonna do that once I get paid this month

Last edited:

Business6

Any of you guys have a powder coating shop you recommend around here?

I tried to contact Armor Coatings, but they haven't replied to me.

I want to get my wheels powder coated black because the previous owner was apparently an awful driver and scuffed the hell out of two of them.

EDIT: I got a reply back from Armor coatings and they said 70 per wheel including blasting, cleaning, powder and labor....that seems extremely reasonable. Hopefully there aren't any hidden costs. Definitely gonna do that once I get paid this month
Unknown Coatings is popular but I know that dude tends to be pretty damn busy.

$70 per wheel is a solid price, though. What color would you do?

Also, anyone want to do a mini meet tomorrow? I've had this car for a while and haven't met up with anyone yet. Since we have some new locals joining the forums it might be a good time to do so especially with a high of like 50º tomorrow :p

Yeah that’s a really really good price. Keep us posted!

oxy

lol well I actually caved and bought a new wheel set altogether. Got some Sparco Pro Corsas, and I think I'll just make the OEM wheels a dedicated winter set.

Sidenote: do any of you know if the included lug nuts from Tirerack are decent quality?

Also, I drove by and talked to another local STer yesterday in Murray near my house. He was in an all black one with black wheels. Was that any of you?

Ha. That is hilarious. Send pics when you get them mounted. Did you get them new. It wasn’t me I have magnetic gray with white turbomacs currently.