Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta ST Aftermarket Rear Motor Mount in H Stock?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi All,

I am looking to begin autocrossing this season at the local level in H-stock in my 2016 Fiesta ST. I just purchased a Cobb Accessport and plan to run the 93 OTS tune on the street and flash back to stock for autox. The only other modification I was planning were 16x7 wheels (unless 16x7.5 would be allowed?), new tires, and a Cobb RMM. Is the Cobb RMM allowed or would I have to remove to compete?

Thanks!
J

Hello, and welcome to the slippery slope of wanting to mod your car, and stay competitive for autox.

Simple answer is no RMM or Tune for HStreet. Stick with the 16x7's as well.

That said, if all you are planning to run is locals, you may be able to leave the RMM on, but chat with the other local competitors about it, and let them know about it, then ask them if it's cool with them if you run it. As long as you're not planning on running any national level events, more locals should probably be ok with it. That said, if you start beating them consistently, some people grow salty, and may ask you to take it off, so be ready for that possibility.

The other things to look at would be shocks, and a sway bar change. those 2(along with the tires) will be huge in your search for dropping time on course.

Best of luck this season!

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Hello, and welcome to the slippery slope of wanting to mod your car, and stay competitive for autox.

Simple answer is no RMM or Tune for HStreet. Stick with the 16x7's as well.

That said, if all you are planning to run is locals, you may be able to leave the RMM on, but chat with the other local competitors about it, and let them know about it, then ask them if it's cool with them if you run it. As long as you're not planning on running any national level events, more locals should probably be ok with it. That said, if you start beating them consistently, some people grow salty, and may ask you to take it off, so be ready for that possibility.

The other things to look at would be shocks, and a sway bar change. those 2(along with the tires) will be huge in your search for dropping time on course.

Best of luck this season!
Thanks for clearing this up for me. Yeah, my thinking is that I will not be competitive this season given my inexperience and that the RMM would almost be irrelevant but it makes sense to talk to the local competitors and get their thoughts.

I asked the guys in my region and they had me put the stock intake back on but let me keep the RMM for HS

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
You're not registered for the April 23rd event, yet.
Hey, thanks for checking. I am thinking I won't be able to make that weekend. My plan is to be at Event #2 on 5/6 though.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
I asked the guys in my region and they had me put the stock intake back on but let me keep the RMM for HS
Yeah I think I will run my first event without it and talk to the locals there in my class to make sure they don't mind before I install. I am doing this for the pure fun and experience of it but want to be sure I don't hurt other's times/performance.

Hey, thanks for checking. I am thinking I won't be able to make that weekend. My plan is to be at Event #2 on 5/6 though.
Awesome.
Park next to the black #5 near the entrance.
Don't buy anything else... not that anyone cares, you just don't need it.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Awesome.
Park next to the black #5 near the entrance.
Don't buy anything else... not that anyone cares, you just don't need it.
Awesome, thanks! Looking forward to it.

A RMM would be nice for these cars for sure! Or well you know "crash bolts" that most cars get to use in Street class [poke]. I have just over 3k miles on mine now and did my first autocross last week, what a hoot! Also just got my FS werks catback on and in the group buy for the 16x7 RPF1s! Have fun in the FiST ! and don't worry about SRS BZNS autocross the first year.

It depends on weather, competing events, holidays etc.
Always at least 90. Sometimes as many as 170.