Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Diablosport issues with 2016 Fiesta ST

Hey guys, just a little public service announcement regarding potential Intune tuner issues and FiST's. I have an Intune tuner for another car, and had a spare license for Fords, so I thought, "what the heck?" and decided to try out their 91 Octane tune on my 2016 Fiesta ST (sub 10k miles). The tune threw two codes (PCM:p0C00: Drive Motor A Current and PCM:p3400: Cylinder Deactivation Malfunction, odd right?) and also caused the engine to enter a 'limp mode' which felt like zero-boost. The CEL came on as well as the service soon light. A on/off cycle resets the limp mode. I logged it, went back to stock, and let Diablo know.

Now, to be fair, they did try. I received a custom tune which caused the same codes and same 'limp-mode' actions. This was triggered by WoT and/or going over 6k RPM. Again, another log, send the tunes back, and go back to stock. Rather than getting another custom tune, I was told to merely update my unit and it should fix it. Again, limp-mode was triggered, along with a new code (PCM:C0200: ISO/SAE Reserved). At this point I decided to simply use the tuner to run the stock tune with a modified tire size to account for my 215/40/17 tires. They offered to continue troubleshooting, but as I go towards canned tunes for ease-of-use and the lack of headaches, I decided to seek a refund and go with either Mountune or Cobb in the future.

They could not say what the issue actually was, but did say it did not appear to be Fiesta ST wide. As Diablosport isn't widely used in the community, I don't actually know the truth of this.

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
That is funny, because they clearly told me I was the first to report any sort of problems with their 'OTS' Fiesta ST tunes.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Unless you got a screaming good deal, probably. The cobb is well proven.

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
I actually purchased a Cobb within days of making this thread. Love it! I have gone from stock to 91 stg 1 back to stock and so forth multiple times with no issues. The AP3 feels better than the intune as well, despite not having a touch screen. No regrets, despite the cost. Go and get the Cobb.

Just got a "screaming deal" on a DiabloSport i3. I updated the unit before flashing anything. It took 3 attempts over two days to update. Finally got everything to work. After flashing the 91 Octane map to my FiST, I took it for a spin. Amazing increases all around. You can really feel it. Especially the LIMP MODE you mentioned. Mashed the pedal a few times, including a pull in 3rd to see the jump from 40km/h upwards. Car went into the infamous Limp Mode with CEL light. Haven't scanned it yet. Although, I did notice a significant blowoff noise while in Limp Mode. Night and day difference. Sounded like an aftermarket piece had been installed. I'll update my progress when I get the codes.

Gonna try and get a Cobb AP3 before year's end to try that.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The ONLY thing I like about Diablosport is that their hand held devices allow one to change the fan settings independently of any tunes.

So you can have a factory tune and set lower low and high speed fan on points, or even do this with one of their 'canned' tunes, and possibly even with a 'CMR' custom tune from one of their dealer tuners.

This is the ONLY thing lacking in the Cobb system, as far as I'm concerned, and yes, it IS leaps and bounds better than the Diablosport system overall. ;)

Update...

Car is still going into Limp Mode, but at different amounts of boost and at different RPMs. The code it threw was "Cylinder Deactivation" aka P3400. First instinct from DiabloSport was the code was incorrect. Hooked up another OBD2 scanner, and found it was actually P0234 (Turbo/Super Overboost). Engineers are cracking away at it now. I'll find out if they can patch it in the coming days. I hope they can. When it works, it hauls ass on 91.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk