Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Port Injection

Trader history for dL_ST (0)

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if Stratified is thinking of creating a port injection system other than the aux fuel setup. i would like to pull the trigger on a setup soon and would rather have a multi port injection system than the single aux fuel injector.

Hungry for moar powers.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Which pump are you going to use, where will it be located, and will it have it's own dedicated feed from the tank?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Which pump are you going to use, where will it be located, and will it have it's own dedicated feed from the tank?
The OE LPFP. There's a fuel line added before the HPFP that supplies fuel to TBI or PI fuel rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The OE LPFP. There's a fuel line added before the HPFP that supplies fuel to TBI or PI fuel rail.

I guess I always had the mistaken misconception that our in tank pump to get the fuel up the the high pressure DI pump was a VERY LOW pressure (like old carbed app pressures) pump, just enough to supply the fuel up to the HP DI pump, and way too low pressure to even supply regular old port injectors. [???:)]

What is the actual pressure level of that (in tank) pump, and tapping into that line to supply FOUR port injectors does not weaken the fuel supply to the DI pump, or can it be programmed to make up the difference? [dunno]

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I guess I always had the mistaken misconception that our in tank pump to get the fuel up the the high pressure DI pump was a VERY LOW pressure (like old carbed app pressures) pump, just enough to supply the fuel up to the HP DI pump, and way too low pressure to even supply regular old port injectors. [???:)]

What is the actual pressure level of that (in tank) pump, and tapping into that line to supply FOUR port injectors does not weaken the fuel supply to the DI pump, or can it be programmed to make up the difference? [dunno]
You're not wrong. The LPFP does supply a relatively low pressure to the HPFP. Within a tune it can be calibrated to deliver more fuel. With that in mind, LPFP pressures are dynamic.

You're not wrong. The LPFP does supply a relatively low pressure to the HPFP. Within a tune it can be calibrated to deliver more fuel. With that in mind, LPFP pressures are dynamic.

Hmmm....do you think the LPFP will be overtaxed trying to run full E85? I wonder if we could add a booster pump to fill the gap and take some of the stress off of the LPFP.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Hmmm....do you think the LPFP will be overtaxed trying to run full E85? I wonder if we could add a booster pump to fill the gap and take some of the stress off of the LPFP.
The LPFP cannot keep up with demands at E50, so it won't be able to run full E85. Well, you probably could, but you'll make more power on E45. Im not sure on the boost-a-pump. But, after Strat gets this out, I will be upgrading my in-tank in time.

The LPFP cannot keep up with demands at E50, so it won't be able to run full E85. Well, you probably could, but you'll make more power on E45. Im not sure on the boost-a-pump. But, after Strat gets this out, I will be upgrading my in-tank in time.

E45 is better than nothing. If I may ask, what in-tank pump could we upgrade to? I didn't know we had that option. I was looking at the other (read: base model) Fiestas, and their in-tank pumps look exactly like ours, but have a different part number. I was wondering if maybe their output was better than ours.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
E45 is better than nothing. If I may ask, what in-tank pump could we upgrade to? I didn't know we had that option. I was looking at the other (read: base model) Fiestas, and their in-tank pumps look exactly like ours, but have a different part number. I was wondering if maybe their output was better than ours.

There's no plug n play kits just yet. But, for my car (since I'm going for 500whp) were going to see what it takes to get a Walbro 450LPH in and Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors on the port injection fuel rail. I doubt the NA 1.6 Fiestas fuel pump is more capable than ours.

On the Focus ST full E85 the OEM LPFP started to have fuel pressures in the 70 psi range around the 425whp range. So this is where we were getting close to its flow limit. I am not sure if the pumps are the same on the Focus or Fiesta ST.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
On the Focus ST full E85 the OEM LPFP started to have fuel pressures in the 70 psi range around the 425whp range. So this is where we were getting close to its flow limit. I am not sure if the pumps are the same on the Focus or Fiesta ST.
How much above the factory programmed pressure was that 70PSI?

How much above the factory programmed pressure was that 70PSI?
70psi was all it could do at that point. Once things move close to 60psi you start to run into low pressure differential at the port injectors since boost is likely close or above 30psi. Perhaps 450whp on full E85 is possible but I like to keep a bit of a buffer