Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Side Exit Exhaust Thread

Not feeling it personally. Too much modification to the vehicle that can't be undone.
This looks completely reversible. Pop the jack point cover out and you can always pop it back in. Seems to have a bolt in hanger for extra support.

IMHO im not feeling it as it looks like jamming a round peg in a square hole, just doesn't look right to me

Bluedrank

This looks completely reversible. Pop the jack point cover out and you can always pop it back in. Seems to have a bolt in hanger for extra support.

IMHO im not feeling it as it looks like jamming a round peg in a square hole, just doesn't look right to me
It says you need to cut the lower part of the car's metal, thus irreversible. Or am I somehow reading that incorrectly?

NOTE: you will need to trim the pinch weld in a 4" section using a die grinder or similar. Then you will need to trim the plastic surround inside the sill where the factory cutout is located. This can be done with a dremel. Both are quite easy to do.

Someone has done their own side exit exhaust, I've seen the video. I can't remember if it was on the forum or on youtube, tho...

It says you need to cut the lower part of the car's metal, thus irreversible. Or am I somehow reading that incorrectly?
Yeah if your worried about that, I would avoid any modifications to your vehicle. That half inch by four inch section isn't going to hurt anything.

V_2

There isn't much I like about this. The concept and placement is definitely unique and I can appreciate that, but not down with cutting into the chassis of my daily for an exhaust. Also leaves a big gap under the rear bumper and opens up a new one on the side (obviously).

I went the side exit route for a while in my last daily car and it got old real fast. I would definitely consider this on a dedicated race car, though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bluedrank

Yeah if your worried about that, I would avoid any modifications to your vehicle. That half inch by four inch section isn't going to hurt anything.
There's a difference between putting on a part and cutting the chassis of your car. That's fine if you disagree, but I personally wouldn't do it on my car.

my opinion:

1. ugly
2. why?
3. I don't drive a race car, I prefer my exhaust fumes as far away as possible, I had enough brain damage from my RX-7s

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I love saving the weight, that is my mantra, less is more.....

If the metal cutting is the pinch weld that is a huge NO NO as a very important structural element on a unibody car, I did not see what was cut so a picture would help.

It will certainly melt plastic unless you sleeve the tip over the pipe, air space to allow some heat shielding, etc.....

And, LOUD!

I actually just got mine redone with a 2.5 inch and magnaflow resonator sounds so much better. Forgot to tell then to cut the weld so it was this weird dip

Bluedrank

I love saving the weight, that is my mantra, less is more.....

If the metal cutting is the pinch weld that is a huge NO NO as a very important structural element on a unibody car, I did not see what was cut so a picture would help.

It will certainly melt plastic unless you sleeve the tip over the pipe, air space to allow some heat shielding, etc.....

And, LOUD!
Yeah it's cutting into the pinch weld. This is what they say: "you will need to trim the pinch weld in a 4" section using a die grinder or similar."

No way I'd personally do that.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I would not cut a pinch weld unless just trimmed a bit or something is put in to replace the loss as it is an important part of the "chassis" strength.

I have seen plenty of and planned and worked on side exhausts for race cars but cut into the rear floor, built an enclosure around the exhaust, out the side above the pinch weld, reinforced everything, etc...
Then it was heat shielded and the plastic parts cut back and a stainless steel panel put in the pipe came through.

Ford Community Posts