Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Owner needs COBB Access Port advice.

Hello All,

Just picked up a 2015 with 26K and need some advice. Car is stock but I just ordered a COBB rear mount and green filter and Mitsu oil catch. Seems like I have driveline slack as if I rock on and off the gas I can notice slack, almost like a click or sligh clunk in the driveline. Hope the RM at least helps but perhaps there really is that much slop in the trans/Diff. Took the 100k extended warranty just in case.

Anyway back yo my real question. I was all set to order COBB AP but not sure I can do what I want with it. I commute 110 miles a day 4 days a week so I want to use 87 oct primarily. I like to run 93 on the weekends. So what I really want is a 87 tune (not really a tune but stock or stockish profile) in Slot A and a stage 1 93 tune in slot B, wish the was a slot C so I could add 91 also. The goal is to quickly be able to switch between fuel types without flashing. I emailed Stratified and COBB and both replied with they don't tune for 87.

Is there a way to do this? TIA

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
For the slack lift one wheel and see if you can manual turn the tire a few degrees if so have it checked.

For the ap you can run several maps and one of them is an econo map very limited in boost. They can be switch on the fly via the cruise control bottoms up to 4. One of the tune would be your collusion or simply the 93octane ots tune.

Others more expert than me will hopefully chime in, but I'm wondering if you couldn't just run the 93 tune and go easy on it during your commute. If it is just highway cruising or traffic, you shouldn't need to be laying into it anyway. Doubt you would really see much knock on 87 if you take it easy, and the octane adjust would probably keep you safe. Not sure though.

Another option is just to change maps when you fill up at the end of the week. It only takes a minute. I've done it while pumping gas before.

When you flash a stock Cobb OTS tune, you get the tune/stage selected and a low boost tune in slot 2 by default. I agree you could get by with flashing a 91 or 93 OTS for your base tune and run slot 2/low boost during the week. Switching between 91 and 93 takes like a minute tops for the track weekends.
That being said, I'm hoping to get my own custom slots loaded up with:
1 - Eco/low boost
2 - stock
3 - OTS 91 stage 3
4 - @stratified E30 tune
5 - valet

I'm not sure they will do it this way, but I'm a linear thinker and putting them in progressive order makes sense to me.

Oh, and you may get flamed for running 87. Ive run quite a few tanks of both. When tuned, it will show more negative corrections, and knock counts but it isn't off the charts.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
First off, thank you all for yourr replies and knowledge. I shot Stratified an email today to ask opinion if I could run their 91 tune with 87 if I had it in eco mode. Aaron replied that if I purchase the dual octane tune with refinement he would make adjustments for 87 in slot 1. This sounds exactly what I'm looking for so I'm ordering the COBB AP tonight! Thanks again

i don't recommend 87 octane in a turbo car. 91 is like 10 more cents. the car is already very good on gas. i drive at least 300 miles per week and i use about 1 tank of gas on 93.

OP
R
Thread Starter #7
I certainly know it's not optimum to say the least and I can feel how much better it runs on 93 but here in Orlando,FL the current fuel price is $2.39/$2.64/2.89 (87,91,93). So for me to run 93 full time it would cost me over $500 a year extra. To run 91full time is not so bad at about $260 and there is a much high octane spread for the money. I was in the midset of all or nothing but I'm now seeing the logic of 91. Thank you.

OP
R
Thread Starter #9
ok so I ordered the COBB with pillar mount so I'll now married to 91 octane. Anyone have a recommendation as to the standard COBB stage 1 tune vs a Statified tune? I mean is there enough there to feel a difference on a stock ST? The off by default factory TC replaced by S-tune might be enough for me alone.

I think there is like a 100 page thread on the Stratified tune. I haven't used it myself, but safe to say you will notice a difference.