Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My fix and solution for my 2016 intake cel codes p144c

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Just like intakes they have lines they hook into. So finding a catch can to work with an aftermarket intake on a 2017 is a problem still

I've been on this forum since I got this car (almost a month) with no solid info that's why I called Boomba and they said good luck. And have no ETA on them making a 2017 catch can

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Once again......you can use any 2014-15 intake hose you want, they all fit. The problem is the "adapters" do not work. You have to get the Ford hose for them to work. Or wait until someone else can make it work.....your choice. But I doubt it will happen. Mishi has been trying for over a year to fix their fix.........The FORD hose is the only one that does not cause a CEL.

Once again......you can use any 2014-15 intake hose you want, they all fit. The problem is the "adapters" do not work. You have to get the Ford hose for them to work. Or wait until someone else can make it work.....your choice. But I doubt it will happen. Mishi has been trying for over a year to fix their fix.........The FORD hose is the only one that does not cause a CEL.
yup, buy the 2014-15 part from Ford, then run whatever intake you please. I don't suspect any of the aftermarket fixes are worth anything

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates and explanation, I ordered my harness tonight, I have the upgraded connector for my Mishimoto intake and threw another code after a couple hundred miles. Always seems to throw on heavy load when accelerating. Can't wait for Mishi to come up with another fix if this route works.

I don't know why the intake manufacturers don't just include this piece. I haven't bought any intakes for my 2016 yet because as far as I'm concerned they're defective out of the box.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I don't know why the intake manufacturers don't just include this piece. I haven't bought any intakes for my 2016 yet because as far as I'm concerned they're defective out of the box.
The intakes are not defective......the adapters are. And none of the companies will spend the money to supply the Ford cable with their intake. So buy your choice for a 2015 and get the Ford part and leave all the aftermarkets "fixes" alone. None work properly except the Ford part. This is why reputable companies like Mountune ignored any adapters and fly by nights like Mishi are on their what, 5th "fix" after actually trying one in a car?

Flaco

2000 Post Club
The intakes are not defective......the adapters are. And none of the companies will spend the money to supply the Ford cable with their intake. So buy your choice for a 2015 and get the Ford part and leave all the aftermarkets "fixes" alone. None work properly except the Ford part. This is why reputable companies like Mountune ignored any adapters and fly by nights like Mishi are on their what, 5th "fix" after actually trying one in a car?
100% Correct

I'm aware of the Ford part but it's defective if you need to buy an $80 part to make these so called 2016+ compatable intakes work. That's just my opinion of things.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I'm aware of the Ford part but it's defective if you need to buy an $80 part to make these so called 2016+ compatable intakes work. That's just my opinion of things.
I don't know what is going on with for example Mishi.....I just looked at prices and their 2016 is $225 and the 2015 is $275 without the adapter....so it seems to me whatever year car you have buy the 2016 and throw away the adaptor if you want a Mishi! Not me I got my money back from them long ago......on fix #3 I think. Mountune and Ford for me.......Ford part was $57 delivered 5 months ago from Levittown Ford. Demand went up and so did the prices it seems.

OP
X
Thread Starter #76
You know what is disappointing. I told Mishimoto what the problem with their hosing and adapter was 6 months ago way before I made this post. I still have the emails Of the correspondence. Diamaan said he discussed it with his engineers and I was told that It was not the problem and not correct. I even still have the emails . I told you tthem about lacking the Venturi t piece and they were fixated on connectors. And now they are acting like they made a great discovery about what the problem is themselves on their forum.

Congratulations on your discovery mish. I understand they may get a lot of misinformation from customers, but really? I gave them the solution before I told people to start using the Ford tubing from the 2014 and 2015 st to solve the engineering fail.

Disappointing.

You know what is disappointing. I told Mishimoto what the problem with their hosing and adapter was 6 months ago way before I made this post. I still have the emails Of the correspondence. Diamaan said he discussed it with his engineers and I was told that It was not the problem and not correct. I even still have the emails . I told you tthem about lacking the Venturi t piece and they were fixated on connectors. And now they are acting like they made a great discovery about what the problem is themselves on their forum.

Congratulations on your discovery mish. I understand they may get a lot of misinformation from customers, but really? I gave them the solution before I told people to start using the Ford tubing from the 2014 and 2015 st to solve the engineering fail.

Disappointing.
Very. I'm not buying any intake from any manufacturer unless they drop the price or include the Ford part. Panel filter in the stock box will have to do otherwise.

I just got told there is a back order on the line so I have to wait till 9/22 for it I guess. Maybe all of the companies that make aftermarket intakes are. Using them all up, lol. At least I can reset it with my access port until it gets here.

I just got told there is a back order on the line so I have to wait till 9/22 for it I guess. Maybe all of the companies that make aftermarket intakes are. Using them all up, lol. At least I can reset it with my access port until it gets here.
Yep mine was on back order as well but I received it yesterday and installed it last night! No CEL after fifty miles of driving.