Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

My fix and solution for my 2016 intake cel codes p144c

LILIKE16ST

Not gonna agree with you here and will say we should be careful in stating things as fact when you choose to gave an opinion that goes against the plenty of proof catch cans don't help with carbon buildup prevention, and many other owners and tuners will agree with me... Stock 16+ induction hose especially has more advanced oil separation and what gets through is the thin stuff that gets burned off, but I will say that whose who modify the 16+ intake with older evap hoses or adapters may get more oil into the intake too, but still, Stratified has a great article that explains how catch cans don't prevent carbon buildup HERE, specifically note the technical reasons why [MENTION=8727]MagnetiseST[/MENTION] was on the right track when he mentions not the right vacuum, in the right place to really help when it specifically comes to carbon buildup... Now if you want to install them anyway to maybe keep some thin oil out of your IC and charge pipes, that might be effective. I just wanted to point out the actual technical reasons how catch cans don't help with carbon buildup, it's not like years ago when there wasn't 2 factory oil separators in play already, mechanics will also make up their minds years before the tech changes and too stubborn to revisit that opinion when the tech does change... I totally agree in using SN Plus rated full synthetic changed every 5-6k, driving it hard to burn off as much stuff possible with an e30 tune (alcohol vapors will help clean out PCV system) and always using Top Tier to keep injection tips and exhaust valves clean... Anyway, nothing personal, just trying to spread some knowledge when there is plenty of evidence to the contrary of what you claim as fact man... Also, WMI and Aux fuel is the only guaranteed way to prevent it and they have chemical services you can do into the intake system directly that can "help", especially if you stay on top of it when new and do the service as often as you can.
There are quite a few who agree that catch cans are a must as well. The reason Stratified doesn't recommend them has alot to do with them adding more pressure to the crankcase and they feel they aren't needed but if you're letting the pressure out I don't see an issue with running a catch can. If it isn't needed so be it...the oil you catch in there wouldn't have hurt anything to begin with. But if the other side of the coin is correct and it would help carbon buildup why wouldn't you want to have a small added bit of piece of mind...what to save 200 bucks or even less depending what route you go? That's a personal decision and each person who modifies their car or anything else in this world must decide what is best for them and if this or that is worth it over the contrary. To me I think the OCC is worth it just to have a little more piece of mind and have something that may help some against carbon buildup and also keep your intake track much more clean. You're welcome to listen to those who are on the other side of this argument and save your 200 bucks and have a dirty intake and possibly more that is your choice. I have 15 evap lines and I would at the very least like to keep oil out of my intake tract and intercooler and charge pipes. I've read articles somewhere where someone did not have a catch can...got carbon buildup over X amount of miles...got the valves cleaned manually and decided to install a catch can and the valves stayed cleaner much longer. Could it have been a change in other habits or driving habits? possibly. To me it's worth it just to keep oil from going back through the intake just for a sheer cleanliness aspect...if it does anything beyond that then even better.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
There are quite a few who agree that catch cans are a must as well. The reason Stratified doesn't recommend them has alot to do with them adding more pressure to the crankcase and they feel they aren't needed but if you're letting the pressure out I don't see an issue with running a catch can. If it isn't needed so be it...the oil you catch in there wouldn't have hurt anything to begin with. But if the other side of the coin is correct and it would help carbon buildup why wouldn't you want to have a small added bit of piece of mind...what to save 200 bucks or even less depending what route you go? That's a personal decision and each person who modifies their car or anything else in this world must decide what is best for them and if this or that is worth it over the contrary. To me I think the OCC is worth it just to have a little more piece of mind and have something that may help some against carbon buildup and also keep your intake track much more clean. You're welcome to listen to those who are on the other side of this argument and save your 200 bucks and have a dirty intake and possibly more that is your choice. I have 15 evap lines and I would at the very least like to keep oil out of my intake tract and intercooler and charge pipes. I've read articles somewhere where someone did not have a catch can...got carbon buildup over X amount of miles...got the valves cleaned manually and decided to install a catch can and the valves stayed cleaner much longer. Could it have been a change in other habits or driving habits? possibly. To me it's worth it just to keep oil from going back through the intake just for a sheer cleanliness aspect...if it does anything beyond that then even better.
Very well said and can respect that! I just happen to buy Stratified's reasoning as not worth possibly spending $200 plus installation and ALSO can be the one thing the dealership keys on to check your ignition cycles before approving warranty too, it's in their guide actually, so either way can be justified... and you're right, it is a personal decision with some anecdotal evidence that could help some, so fair enough! Cheers!

Are you guys still good with no codes? I just got the p144c code today. I had Ron's evap fix on for about 8months with no code until today. Im looking to pick this up from the dealer soon.

cdk

So if you have to 2016 mishimoto intake with the "T" connector and you switch to the 2015 octopus as you say, what happens at the second connector on the Mishimoto "T"? am I missing something in the instructions on how you did this?