Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Change

Got a 1,000 mile oil change and now something doesn't seem right. Checked the dip stick but you can't tell anything on that. Weird burning smell also, maybe because its wet outside? Suggestions comments?

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Spilt oil on the exhaust manifold, should burn off but it slack attention to detail if that's the case, the dipstick is hard to read when oil is clean.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Spilt oil on the exhaust manifold, should burn off but it slack attention to detail if that's the case, the dipstick is hard to read when oil is clean.
What he said. :)

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Got a 1,000 mile oil change and now something doesn't seem right. Checked the dip stick but you can't tell anything on that. Weird burning smell also, maybe because its wet outside? Suggestions comments?
The smell should go away in a few days after it burns off and by that time your new oil should be broken in enough where you can read it better on the dipstick.

My second oil change at about 9,000 miles I noticed my oil was real dark, and not even clear. Used synthetic oil too....Guessing valves haven't seated yet ?! My '92 Sentra SER at 178,000 miles has never and still doesn't show dark clouded oil. Any other people with similar issues ? I rarely drive car hard and followed a good break in also.

haste

1000 Post Club
I'm assuming the OP had this done at the dealer. This is why I always do my own oil changes. I just can't trust someone else to do it.