Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Disable day time running lights

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Does the US Fiesta have DRL?????
YES,
All North American cars are the same in this regard.
However they are programmed on or off when the car is built.
They can only be reprogrammed by a dealer and US dealers will NOT turn them on.

Dave

I know this a bit of an old thread, but I wanted to resurrect the idea of changing DRL settings like this at home. I purchased a vehicle that has the ability to turn off DRLs with the switch, but in Canada, they are required to be non-switchable. I came across the FORSCAN software and currently have the extended license that allows for changing settings like this at the code level.

I am currently trying to track down the actual setting that changes this on or off. If anyone knows the code to look at, please let me know, otherwise I will look to update this thread once I have it figured out.

I know this a bit of an old thread, but I wanted to resurrect the idea of changing DRL settings like this at home. I purchased a vehicle that has the ability to turn off DRLs with the switch, but in Canada, they are required to be non-switchable. I came across the FORSCAN software and currently have the extended license that allows for changing settings like this at the code level.

I am currently trying to track down the actual setting that changes this on or off. If anyone knows the code to look at, please let me know, otherwise I will look to update this thread once I have it figured out.
Any luck bl3nd3r?

You’ll need the Forscan extended license (either the paid or trial).

The setting is “Daytime Running Lights” in the IPC “Central Configuration” Main

Turning off is fairly self explanatory. Turning on Canada style DRLs is “03 - Always dipped lights…”