Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgraded Radiator vs Oil Cooler for track days? Which one should I buy first?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I prefer push on race grade rubber hoses on AN fittings as weigh less and do not wear on other parts. I slip heat shield over them and add 1/4 high density foam anyplace they might rub.

I did have one fail at one time but was pretty sure I had used a different hose/fitting combo that was not compatible so I always clamp them now, it was not fun going off backwards on fire at over 100 miles an hour....but it was exciting and I was back out the next session.

--------

I would agree the radiator should be done first, why I bought the closest fitting one, early Celica GT, Mishimoto and did a custom install which ended up being a rather big project.

I have an oil cooler as well, Setrab, offset to the passenger side, behind it opened up, only 60% if the air hits the other coolers, the rest right into the engine bay by the alternator so I have a cooling hose pointing at it as well.

HUGE importance to maximize cooling duct work to keep air from going around, over or under the coolers, mine are fully sealed.

And, I opened up the core support to allow air out the back much better as well as lowered the IC as much as I could to have better flow and block less of the radiator.

A great deal of time spent on this area but I have made back to back 118 degree tuning runs with a big turbo and temps were perfect.