Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pierce Motorsport Bracing questions

1. Will the PM 6 point clear the MBRP charge pipe?

2. Will the PM trunk brace will fit under the factory covering?

3. Are there any significant differences in the rear torsion bars? TB VS PM?

4. Factory suspension and tires will the 6 point have any clearance issues? Example hitting speed bumps or steep embankments.

5. Any negatives? Will the 6 point, rear, and trunk bracing make the car want to overstreer? Understeer? I'm not sure about the upper brace so I opted not to look at the packages and replace that piece with the trunk which people have had good reviews about.

Thanks

2. Will the PM trunk brace will fit under the factory covering?

3. Are there any significant differences in the rear torsion bars? TB VS PM?

Thanks
2. The trunk brace fits nicely under my rear cover. Not sure if you have the multilevel flooring option.
3. The PM torsion bar has additional braces against the inside of the curve of the twist beam. I'm not sure that there are any measurement of relative stiffness (additional resistance to twist) but someone here might have used both.

1. Clears the Cobb pipe

2. Yes

4. Doesn't interfere with suspension/wheels/tires but does hang ~2" lower than the rest of the car

5. I noticed no differences with the trunk brace and/or the strut tower braces. Sold them. I do like the 6-point tho

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
Eleven:

The 6 point was a big difference? How about the rear torsion bar? Some say it's a placebo.

The only way to get data for this would be lap times and *maybe* a different feel to your hands and seat. I cannot say I feel a difference through the controls but it has to do something... I haven't changed anything in the rear outside of B14's so I have no experience to answer the torsion bar question.

OP
B
Thread Starter #6
How about hitting bottom with the brace? Specifically deep embankments and speed bumps?