Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TShirt Driving Youtube Channel

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's cool that you are doing something to promote, and incite interest in S.T.E.M. topics, EXACTLY what this way too 'dumbed down', and ANTI-science country needs NOW!! THANK YOU! [twothumb]

Yeah, I forgot the exact final drive ratio you installed, so I guessed it.

So much power for that course, i bet it's gonna be another level once you put in on a track. Glad to see you're getting it all dialed in! Keep up the good work!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
After watching the video, I like the 2j intake but also don't. I just feel it would get exhausting after awhile if you DD the car. Might take sometime for different people but idk.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #44
On Nov. 5th keep an eye out for a new thread as I will be doing a complete part out of my Fiesta. Some items are already spoken for to friends I have made who own fiesta's. This will be the largest part out our community will probably ever see. As to why, well I will be making a short video tomorrow explaining it all.

On Nov. 5th keep an eye out for a new thread as I will be doing a complete part out of my Fiesta. Some items are already spoken for to friends I have made who own fiesta's. This will be the largest part out our community will probably ever see. As to why, well I will be making a short video tomorrow explaining it all.
Whaaa..... [dunno]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
OUCH! [bigcry]

(Unless you are getting a full blown, prepped, tarmac spec Fiesta WRC shipped over from Cumbria, or something like that. [???:)])

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #47
So I literally do not have the time today to make a video like promised. But in a nut shell my built engine is knocking. It was a hard decision but I decided to part ways rather than sinking more money in the car. I am going to be taking it back to completely stock as I already have a stock engine and trans lined up to go back in the car. I sold my 64 comet as well as my jeep wrangler. To replace my vehicles I have just purchased a Volvo V60 Polestar. I was able to get an amazing deal with my local dealer with 14,000 off msrp and all service included for 3 years. I am tired of working on my cars all the time and wanted something I could enjoy and have fun road trips in. My channel will continue and I will be using a friends Fiesta for you fiesta content. But there will be other cars and adventures in store. Obviously the RS and Fiesta battle didn't get to happen which I am very sad about. Also my final numbers on a cool 60 degree day on 110 octane was 323 whp and 347wtq. On 100 octane I hit 298whp and 321wtq, finally on 91 I hit 270whp and 305wtq. It was an amazing journey and I am glad I had the opportunity to record it all to look back on when I am older. Now for the next journey in my life.

Attachments

Wow! Sorry Pete! So much blood, sweat, and tears went into that car. I feel deflated. Keep your head up! You seem to have a positive attitude. I really enjoyed your fiesta content.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, also SO sorry to hear this (hearing all of these experiences just makes me want to keep the factory snail all that much more), but that IS one bad azz wagon, albeit a little massive for my tastes.
I think that Volvo really missed the mark when they did not turn the C30 into an AWD turbo supercar 'Polestar' like special edition, back when they still were producing one. [:(]
THAT I would have been interested in owning, as I always liked the P1800s. [wink]

Good luck with this new superwagon, and ENJOY it to the max! [thumb]

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I totally get it. I felt like the DHM motor wouldn't last, after all that's gone down. Enjoy the Polestar wagon. I'm in the market for a Rebel Blue V60 Polestar myself. ;) Is the turning radius really as bad as they say?

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #53
[video=youtube_share;OC7yiWreHUE]https://youtu.be/OC7yiWreHUE[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's a sad day indeed, but I DO see your point, and understand your choices. [thumb]

This makes me VERY reluctant to mod my FiST much beyond where it is now (power train-wise).

The only thing I would even think of changing out on the Polestar is maybe the wheels/tires.
I would not even consider a tune, unless it is FULLY warrantied by Volvo, in at least the same way the MP215 is by Ford, and maybe not even then.

Like you said, Ohlins dampers, HUMONGOUS, eyeball popping Brembo brakes, 370 something ponies, EFF IT (the modding that is), drive it like it is and ENJOY IT!! [like] [driving]

It was hard to tell from anything I read about it, but is the transmission a true SMG auto, like in the M Bimmers, or is it a very high performance, tight torque converter, many ratio slushbox like the current highly rated GM 10 speed deal?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thoughts:

1. Hats off to Pete for enduring this rough ride, you will be missed!
2. Pete seems to be made of money.
3. If you modify a car as extensively as this, things are going to break. It's not a reason to not mod though, but let us all understand how to mod respective to our own corresponding risk/tolerance level, and that the further a car is pushed (hardware, tune, driver abuse), the more chance it will break, no way around it.
4. Pete, please do not modify that Volvo.

I'm one of the vultures circling and I am looking forward to my bars/shifter!

[coolsmile]

Long live TShirt Driving aka Pete!!!!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thoughts:

1. Hats off to Pete for enduring this rough ride, you will be missed!
2. Pete seems to be made of money.
3. If you modify a car as extensively as this, things are going to break. It's not a reason to not mod though, but let us all understand how to mod respective to our own corresponding risk/tolerance level, and that the further a car is pushed (hardware, tune, driver abuse), the more chance it will break, no way around it.
4. Pete, please do not modify that Volvo.

Long live TShirt Driving aka Pete!!!!
+1, and x 1000!

I was also thinking #2 above is the case, but he WAS smart, and got the Polestar HEAVILY discounted. [thumb] [coolsmile]
(I am also wondering just how much of the rod problem WAS attributable to DHM's assembly, and how much to the rod/wrist pin/piston/bearing manufacturer and ARP? [dunno])

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Its really sad to see [MENTION=1650]Pete[/MENTION] giving up on his build, but hopefully he'll continue to share with us his friend's build. And don't forget we can all continue to support him by subscribing to his channel and giving his videos a thumbs up.

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #58
Thank you guys. Also I wish I was made of money or I would be keeping the fiesta along with the volvo. But I sold the jeep, the comet, now the fiesta is going along with all of its parts. The money I got from the jeep and the comet went to the downpayment of the volvo. Again I wish I was made of money, I just manage it to use it for expensive items. As for the Volvo I honestly do not feel there needs to be anything modified on it currently. I will be making a video this upcoming week on why and what this sleeper really has under its skin. Also there will still be fiesta content with the new "Blue Beast" as this Friday we are swapping parts over to it!

OP
Pete

Pete

Thread Starter #59
Continuing the channel with the RS VS Polestar series. More Fiesta ST content to come as well with the upcoming new blue beast and how to enjoy a stock FiST!
Also this video was held on a closed course where I paid to close it off with the highway patrol. In no way do I promote street racing as you put others life's at risk.

[video=youtube_share;mbmY10RMCQs]https://youtu.be/mbmY10RMCQs[/video]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
NOW I can easily see why you chose that car, as it is even greater than the sum of it's parts, or seeming potential!

Just imagine what that beast would be like if 600 or so pounds could be cut off of it's mass (does Volvo make an exact same spec in a lighter, and shorter wheelbase sedan? [dunno]). [ohcrap]
But the fact that it IS an 'estate' with THAT performance is sooo cool!! [twothumb] (It's their lower cost answer to the CTS-V wagon, and Audi RS6 Avant ;) )

How much less did this run you all said and done, with all of the specials/incentives and the deal you got on it, than what the best price scenario would have been from a Ford dealer for a comparable RS?

Ford Community Posts