Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best Cleaning Product For Cloth Seats

Hello All,

Just wondering what product you all use to clean your seats? (not Recaros)

Also curious as to what everybody uses to clean their steering wheel and shift knob?

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

I always go back to this video from Larry @ AMMO NYC that he put out a little while ago. One of the most highly regarded detailers in the states and gives you a few different ways, including ways for the average joe which I find the most informative part.

[video=youtube;Y2yiBJSlnuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2yiBJSlnuw[/video]

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
I had just watched this video before posting.

I'd love to stock up on some AMMO products, but I was hoping somebody might have a cheaper alternative? Or at least one that I wouldn't have to wait to ship to me here in CA.

I'll probably avoid the warm water and laundry detergent method because I am fearful of mildew build up from not enough drying.

The Ammo NYC videos are great, but their products are a bit pricey. I found this stuff for really cheap at Advance Auto Parts: https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/tuff-stuff-multi-purpose-foam-cleaner-22-oz.-00350/7040393-P

I used it on a small light stain I had on my driver seat, and then there was a dark spot where I had used it. I thought it had stained the fabric, but it turns out my seats were just really dirty since I have not cleaned them in the 2 years I've had the car LOL. So I sprayed it all over the fabric and went over it with a brush, and the seats look like new. I still have a bit of a smell from the stuff a few days later, but I assume that will wear off in a couple days. For now, pretty happy with it, and the reviews seem good.

Im certainly not saying you need the AMMO products. I personally dont have any... BUT you can use the techniques he shows you (the soap and bucket method) to get a fantastic result. A cheaper alternative would also be trying some all purpose cleaner in the way that he did with the AMMO product. I've use the steamer technique with a borrowed machine as well as APC with great results both ways.

Hands down a hot water extractor. You can avoid harsh chemicals and it's about the price of a few nice cleaning products.

Try 303 multi surface or similar all purpose cleaner + medium bristle brush + plenty of towels to mop up, then air dry. It's what I do to make some pocket change once in a while.

Get some 3M Scotchguard and treat the seats well after cleaning. Preventative care is always better. I use Scotchguard on all cloth fabric like tennis shoes to help them be more water and stain resistant.

If they only made Scotchguard in a shower application...

But if you do get a stain in carpet or fabric, this stuff is the BEST!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blue-Mag...93696&wl11=online&wl12=17134767&wl13=&veh=sem