Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tune Revision Turn Over Time

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Alright, time to get to it.

At the moment I've been waiting for a tune revision since Saturday. I know of someone who hasn't had a tune revision (or any contact) in over two weeks (shit, could be three).

So, what say you Stratified? I want a public response regarding turn over times and what is expected and IF our expectations are off base then we can adjust them accordingly. At the moment I am thinking this is the busiest time of the year for you and it should be nothing but 'asses and elbows' over there as you 'have to make hay while the sun shines'.

The sun is shining and I want to go drive with a 94 octane tune. One I don't have yet.

EDIT - Stratified tuning is refunding me $75 as they can't deliver a 94 octane tune with PnC as purchased on March 15.
Tune was purchased MARCH 15 - AS OF JUNE 19, had not finished tuning. 96 DAYS.

Here is the summary of when logs were sent and when I received the tunes:

Received ---------- Sent ---------- Delay by Stratified ---------- Delay by Customer
May 24 ---------- May 12 ------------- 12 --------------------------- 0
May 12 ---------- May 6 ------------- 6 --------------------------- 23
April 13 ---------- April 6 ------------- 6 --------------------------- 2
April 4 ---------- April 3 ------------- 1 --------------------------- 6
March 28 ---------- March 24 ---------- 4 --------------------------- 3
March 21 ---------- March 16 --------- 5 --------------------------- 0

The delay of 23 days was when I had a friend from Europe in town and then a spinal injection - I had more pressing concerns than finalizing my tune.

Last edited:
OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Have you tried calling them? They have a phone number listed here:
https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=contact_us

Also your post makes you sound like a crazy person.
Yep, phoned them yesterday, if you really want their response it's that their tuner is on vacation. Due back next Friday...

I'm no rocket surgeon but that seems silly when everyone spends the winter prepping their cars for the spring.

And thanks! I like being crazy - separates me from the boring people. It's also better than what most people call me.

Also, I've been told 2-3 days turn around time before.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Yep, phoned them yesterday, if you really want their response it's that their tuner is on vacation. Due back next Friday...

I'm no rocket surgeon but that seems silly when everyone spends the winter prepping their cars for the spring.

And thanks! I like being crazy - separates me from the boring people. It's also better than what most people call me.

Also, I've been told 2-3 days turn around time before.
Sooo...people can't have a vacation?

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Sooo...people can't have a vacation?
Timing my friend, timing.

I used to work in the oil industry - it's unheard of to take vacation in the busy season. You'll have all winter to take a vacation to a sunny destination.

Wanna grow your business? Bust ass when demand is the highest. ESPECIALLY if your business is mostly seasonal.

Taking a vacation is not only acceptable but necessary for your sanity. I've received tune revisions at 7 or 8 o'clock at night, so Stratified is really busy, of that I have no doubt. That being said, if [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION] is correct and we won't hear back from the tuner until next Friday, that will be exactly 4 weeks from my last contact with him. Maybe I'm also a little crazy, but a heads up would of been nice.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Timing my friend, timing.

I used to work in the oil industry - it's unheard of to take vacation in the busy season. You'll have all winter to take a vacation to a sunny destination.

Wanna grow your business? Bust ass when demand is the highest. ESPECIALLY if your business is mostly seasonal.
Vacation can actually mean a few things, though. You don't know exactly why the tuner is on vacation as not all people wish to divulge their personal lives.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Taking a vacation is not only acceptable but necessary for your sanity. I've received tune revisions at 7 or 8 o'clock at night, so Stratified is really busy, of that I have no doubt. That being said, if [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION] is correct and we won't hear back from the tuner until next Friday, that will be exactly 4 weeks from my last contact with him. Maybe I'm also a little crazy, but a heads up would of been nice.
I'll agree to a heads-up.

I had my stratified tune come in within 2 days of ordering. When I went big turbo and switched to Tune+ I had around 15 revisions done in 2 weeks sometimes up to 3 in a day. (That was also on his first week of the move to the new shop in texas) Everyone is busy, just got to be patient (or find someone who is available right away)

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
I had my stratified tune come in within 2 days of ordering. When I went big turbo and switched to Tune+ I had around 15 revisions done in 2 weeks sometimes up to 3 in a day. (That was also on his first week of the move to the new shop in texas) Everyone is busy, just got to be patient (or find someone who is available right away)
I didn't order this tune yesterday... I'm on revision 4 of a 91 octane tune. Last correspondence was April 13th. I was out of contact for two weeks and hence, only provided clean logs on this past Saturday.

But yes, it appears they're busy - too busy for their current staff if you ask me.

I didn't order this tune yesterday... I'm on revision 4 of a 91 octane tune. Last correspondence was April 13th. I was out of contact for two weeks and hence, only provided clean logs on this past Saturday.

But yes, it appears they're busy - too busy for their current staff if you ask me.
That sucks man, sounds like they need to train another tuner

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Vacation can actually mean a few things, though. You don't know exactly why the tuner is on vacation as not all people wish to divulge their personal lives.
I agree.

That being said, have someone cover for the person who has to leave - I worked in sales long ago and the biggest screw up you can have is not communicating.

Especially in writing. Even better in a public forum.

All I want is accountability - this tune wasn't cheap! I think I'm in for over $500 with this fuckin' exchange rate.

I agree.

That being said, have someone cover for the person who has to leave - I worked in sales long ago and the biggest screw up you can have is not communicating.

Especially in writing. Even better in a public forum.

All I want is accountability - this tune wasn't cheap! I think I'm in for over $500 with this fuckin' exchange rate.
shouldbeasy,

I am sorry to hear that we are not able to meet your timeline expectations. As you noted, the reality is that this is a busy season and revisions take time - especially on a custom big turbo tune. The time is taken for everyone's tune, not just yours. You can think of this time as the cost of quality. That cost goes into development, data analysis, tune refinement, addition of tune features, etc. The result is the driveability, performance, refinement that you experience as well as the feedback and advice I always provide privately and publicly. The result is also that throughout the tuning process you can run the revision you are on without having to worry - because of the refinement that goes into each revision.

To further note regarding your personal situation. You had sent me logs on April 11. I had replied with a tune revision on April 13. Your next set of logs you sent me were May 5. I have not problem being accommodating with people's schedules but this also means that on my end scheduling can be a challenge and can result in fluctuations in response times.

I hope to get to your revision as soon as possible. Yes I do work even when away and on weekends.

Last edited:
OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
shouldbeasy,

I am sorry to hear that we are not able to meet your timeline expectations. As you noted, the reality is that this is a busy season and revisions take time - especially on a custom big turbo tune. The time is taken for everyone's tune, not just yours. You can think of this time as the cost of quality. That cost goes into development, data analysis, tune refinement, addition of tune features, etc. The result is the driveability, performance, refinement that you experience as well as the feedback and advice I always provide privately and publicly. The result is also that throughout the tuning process you can run the revision you are on without having to worry - because of the refinement that goes into each revision.

To further note regarding your personal situation. You had sent me logs on April 11. I had replied with a tune revision on April 13. Your next set of logs you sent me were May 5. I have not problem being accommodating with people's schedules but this also means that on my end scheduling can be a challenge and can result in fluctuations in response times.

I hope to get to your revision as soon as possible. Yes I do work even when away and on weekends.
Alex,

Please refer to me as my forum handle as to not divulge personal information. I like to keep my internet life and my private life quite separate - I appreciate your forthcoming post edit. As your name is in your forum handle and you're representing a business I will refer to you by your first name.

To continue the conversation, yes, the last set of logs I sent in were on May 5th. Before that was April 11th and the tune 1.4 on April 13th - I concur.

I appreciate the candid response - it's why I made this post. I felt that give the lack of forthcoming information regarding a delay in tune turn over (shit, send out an email saying 'I got slammed with XXX orders and tunes are gonna be a little slow guys! Send in the logs as soon as you can as it's first come first serve!') warranted the public discussion as I know it's not just me experiencing this delay in receiving tunes.

If you're this busy now, I can only suggest that you reduce your personal work load and delegate to others as best you can - you're going to get swamped and customer service will drop. It happens, very hard to avoid. As a small business all you can do when growing is try to anticipate it as best you can and in your case that may mean training another tuner.

Alex,

Please refer to me as my forum handle as to not divulge personal information. I like to keep my internet life and my private life quite separate - I appreciate your forthcoming post edit. As your name is in your forum handle and you're representing a business I will refer to you by your first name.

To continue the conversation, yes, the last set of logs I sent in were on May 5th. Before that was April 11th and the tune 1.4 on April 13th - I concur.

I appreciate the candid response - it's why I made this post. I felt that give the lack of forthcoming information regarding a delay in tune turn over (shit, send out an email saying 'I got slammed with XXX orders and tunes are gonna be a little slow guys! Send in the logs as soon as you can as it's first come first serve!') warranted the public discussion as I know it's not just me experiencing this delay in receiving tunes.

If you're this busy now, I can only suggest that you reduce your personal work load and delegate to others as best you can - you're going to get swamped and customer service will drop. It happens, very hard to avoid. As a small business all you can do when growing is try to anticipate it as best you can and in your case that may mean training another tuner.
Just a quick FYI if you go to your account your name is in it for everyone to see.

I've had a similar experience with long turnaround times from Stratified and after talking to some other forum members and some folks from my local ST FB Group, I've just resigned myself that I sound expect ~7 days turn around and that's the cost of doing business with them during the spring and summer. I'm still on my 2nd revision of a stock turbo tune that started April 12th and communication has not been good, so I feel the OP's frustration. I'm just hoping that the tuner who took time off is refreshed and refocused and maybe response times and communication will be improved now.

I get the feeling things have been made tougher in the past week by Cobb's latest firmware release complicating things and requiring some adjustments to existing tune files be made.

Some other tuners just flat stop accepting new work during busy spikes, which may work for some people and may totally piss others off so I guess it's all in how you see it. I do agree that if someone is going to be off work for a week, that work should be covered by someone else in the business. I know my clients wouldn't tolerate service stopping for a week from me. But it is what it is and hopefully a boom in business will mean more qualified staff to prevent the issue in the future and that takes time to do.

I really do hate when people cry about things online and demand public apology or recognition. Social media has turned people into whiny babies that think if they cry loud enough and public enough people will eventually bend to their desires. I get it, you want results, but man it is annoying that this is what people are resulting to.

I really do hate when people cry about things online and demand public apology or recognition. Social media has turned people into whiny babies that think if they cry loud enough and public enough people will eventually bend to their desires. I get it, you want results, but man it is annoying that this is what people are resulting to.
Honestly can't tell if you're trolling.....