Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB AP Mounts, lets see them

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #22
Best one in my opinion. Does it just mount with double-sided tape?
Forgot to reply, yes it is double sided foamish tape. One side is already stuck to the AP mount, you just use the alcohol wipe it comes with to clean the spot and let it dry, then mount it and your done. Test fit it before you actually adhere it thought to make sure the cord on the AP doesnt block your vent or push down on it at all.

SICKESSS-ST

Forgot to reply, yes it is double sided foamish tape. One side is already stuck to the AP mount, you just use the alcohol wipe it comes with to clean the spot and let it dry, then mount it and your done. Test fit it before you actually adhere it thought to make sure the cord on the AP doesnt block your vent or push down on it at all.

No problem, thank you! I will, once I buy it!

I just used a Garmin suction cup with round mount, and keep it on my windshield. I just attached the included clip from Cobb to it. I am very happy with the results, however I wish it was longer, so that I could even use it on the small window in front of the door...

Attachments

I ended up just using my Mountek phone mount. I rarely use my AP other than flashing the new maps. It does obstruct some of the radio controls.

OP
TheStig

TheStig

Thread Starter #27
Alot to do with the positioning of mine was because i would be monitoring the vitals off it all the time. Not really out of fear or worry, but total curiosity.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
If you guys are ordering from ProClip use coupon code SAVETEN to save 10%.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
You can get suction phone mount from marshalls or tjmaxx for less than $10 bucks. I currently use an isound mount on mine....

Make sure to contact me if you need your COBB RMMs! We just received 2 dozen of them in our own inventory in La Habra, CA if anybody wants to stop by and pick one up, or have us install it. It's a quick and easy job, no more than 30 minutes with the right tools and access to a lift of course :)

i've been having the worst time with the provided mounting thing that came with the accessport. i chose to hook it up to the side of the navi screen and i've had it for almost a month. now it just falls off all the time because of the heat the glue just softens. super annoying.

i've been having the worst time with the provided mounting thing that came with the accessport. i chose to hook it up to the side of the navi screen and i've had it for almost a month. now it just falls off all the time because of the heat the glue just softens. super annoying.
Same here, the tape stuck very well to the dash (side of nav) but not to the AP mount. Found the mount on the floor one day with the tape still stuck to the car. I finally pulled the tape off the car. I haven't put it back on yet, maybe tomorrow, I've got some really sticky double sided 3m tape in the garage somewhere.

Same here, the tape stuck very well to the dash (side of nav) but not to the AP mount. Found the mount on the floor one day with the tape still stuck to the car. I finally pulled the tape off the car. I haven't put it back on yet, maybe tomorrow, I've got some really sticky double sided 3m tape in the garage somewhere.
The sticky mount is the best universal solution, but like all things "tapey", heat and weird angles can cause issues. We've found it's best to mount it vertically. But, if you're still having issues with the tape coming off the mount side, give support a call and they can replace it: 866-922-3059

Ian

Ive been using a mountek (see golfhacks pic) magnetic holder that I also use for my cellphone on occasion. Fits in the CD slot but works well enough.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I trimmed and bent my proclip mount so that the Cobb AP sits more vertical. Now if only Cobb made a right hand plug.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
We need a way to display everything, even operate it, from the touch screen Mytouch or whatever it is called, would be nice as not as much a risk of some jackass grabbing it, especially when mounted on the side instead of middle of the car and especially for me since I have to leave the windows down often due to two big dogs in they back.

If that could be done, and in a way to not enable anybody to hack it and steal Cobb's right to develop and sale such a great product.....what a great solution we would have.

I will mount mine by the radio until that day might happen.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Braden, I'm talking about the little end of the cable that attaches to the Accessport.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Here's what I just worked up after a quick trip to Advance Auto.

I picked up this universal mount by Motor Trend for $15:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...31776-P?searchTerm=motor+trend&zoneAssigned=1

Then stuck it in the little window in the A-pillar. Amazingly enough, the AP's holder actually engages two of the four mounting feet on the gooseneck. No mods needed!

CanadianST

I guess I'm one of the few that just uses the provided mount. Stuck it to the right of the gauge cluster and have had no problems so far. I'll grab a pic next time I'm out.