Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB AP Mounts, lets see them

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Anyone found a good substitute for the double sided tape for the AP mount?

I prefer the location right next to the HU so I can see it better when making tuning runs which I will be doing more of when the new turbo setup is installed.

Rick

Izzy

I used 3M automotive and it's holding tight for over 2 months now. Initially it didn't because I did not clean the surface properly. You really need to scrub if you're installing it on the dash due to the texture on it. Once I did it's holding strong.

Izzy

Lol...Don't know actually...I know that the adhesive strip is grey and the backing is red.

I decided to be different and mount it to a flat corner of my Navi good, looks fantastic if you ask me and it doesnt block my AC vent at all.

Can you repost those pictures or take new ones, I'm curious as to how you have your AP mounted..

SFP

It's been awhile since I did this but just now remembered to post!

I started with a gooseneck mount from the little side window and loved the position it placed the AP above the vent. However this setup decided to release itself from the side windows at the most inopportune time regularly.

I then got the round GPS mounting disk and placed it between the vent and gauge cluster surround. This worked ok for awhile but the disk was not 100% flat and would release from the dash after this mount was placed on it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001H4B0AC/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Osw8vb2TJ91P5

After that agrivation I decided it was time to hard mount it and forget it!

I tore the above mount apart took a metal crush washer from a self tapping screw and grabed a stainless screw the end result is this setup which is rock solid and seems to be just about right for access to everything.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
I also use a gooseneck suction mount. I found if you clean the window and the suction plug with isopropyl alcohol, and then place the lever at the 2 O'Clock position, it is almost impossible for the mount to fall off, except when you want it to. The suction plug on my mount has a little tab. I grab onto this tab with a needle nose pliers and pull. The suction escapes and the mount comes off the glass. I pull mine off whenever I take it to the dealers.

Did what some others had done and picked up the universal mount by Motor Trend for $15 at Advanced Auto Parts. Mine was a little different as it had a smooth goose neck and a single plastic tab. It fit the Cobb mount without modification and attaches to the little side window like the others do.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Did what some others had done and picked up the universal mount by Motor Trend for $15 at Advanced Auto Parts. Mine was a little different as it had a smooth goose neck and a single plastic tab. It fit the Cobb mount without modification and attaches to the little side window like the others do.

Any shaking or vibrations while driving? Screen bounce up and down?

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club

May I see a pic of the other end that attaches to window?

Any shaking or vibrations while driving? Screen bounce up and down?
No it seemed really locked in, but my driving time with has it been limited.

May I see a pic of the other end that attaches to window?

Outside

Packaging differences. These may be the same part number. The one on the right is the single clip and seemed to have a thicker suction cup. The left one have the ribbed goose neck and 4 tab mount. Both will work with any mod. The single tap, locks in very tight though.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club

Outside

Packaging differences. These may be the part number. The one on the right is the single clip and seemed to have a thicker suction cup. The left one have the ribbed goose neck and 4 tab mount. Both will work with any mod. The single tap, locks in very tight though.
Thanks

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club

Outside

Packaging differences. These may be the part number. The one on the right is the single clip and seemed to have a thicker suction cup. The left one have the ribbed goose neck and 4 tab mount. Both will work with any mod. The single tap, locks in very tight though.
What's the single clip one's name? I'm going to buy it right now. I've been looking for a good one. This seems to be a good choice.

And the single one is the one you have, right?