Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB AP Mounts, lets see them

SFP

Duff

I don't know if this is a really dumb question or not, but do you have to keep the AP plugged in to the ODB port? If so, how do you manage the cord by your feet?

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I don't know if this is a really dumb question or not, but do you have to keep the AP plugged in to the ODB port? If so, how do you manage the cord by your feet?
Yeah it has to stay plugged in and I just wrap the left over cord around the steering column. Doesn't get in the way and you can't even see it.

My understanding is that once the AP is installed with your map of preference you can run the car without the AP plugged in. My AP is positioned on my left and I run the cord in the crevace just over the steering column, down the right side and then in through the gap below the steering column (looks like a secret tray) over again to the left where the ODB port is. I then picked up the cord slack and zip-tied it to a bracket close by the port. I can share some pics when I get home if that helps.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I assumed he meant does it need to stay plugged in to read and see parameters while driving. But you're right; after your map is chosen you can unplug it.

I routed mine under the dash and out the little pocket below the climate control. I drilled a hole in that pocket for the cable to emerge thru. When I'm not using the AP, the pocket holds the cable.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I've been forgetting to post this for those that have Pro-Clip mounts-

I haven't contacted them to see if it's warranty-able or whatever so I don't know how they will respond, but if you have one you should keep an eye out for this.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I've been forgetting to post this for those that have Pro-Clip mounts-

I haven't contacted them to see if it's warranty-able or whatever so I don't know how they will respond, but if you have one you should keep an eye out for this.
Did you use the double side tape that came with it? I have not but might after this.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
That's not a picture of it moving, that's the top clip ripped in half.
To me it looks like the lip piece that slides under the dash trim is broken in two/at the bend. If that is the case I would assume the tape (which is right at the bend) would help reduce stress on said bend as it takes some of the mechanical stress on the adhesion, but I could be wrong. Will keep an eye on the clip though.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Any updates on this? My damn suction cup mount is falling off due to the cold weather now so I need something better, and I was looking at going this route.
I dont know how cold your area gets but I have two of those mounts from advanced auto on my windows since day one with a little spit applied and the never fell off.