Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spiders. Spiders everywhere.

(Admins, please move this post if I put it in the incorrect place.)

So a little over two weeks ago before I went on vacation, I was noticing spider webs around my passenger side mirror, and some even inside up on the dash / passenger side foot space. They weren't extensive by any means, so I brought it to a friend's detail shop and he hooked me up with a good price for a nice interior detail. Bam! No more spiders up to the date I left for vacation and parked her in the garage!

So I get home around 7PM yesterday, and after a week of not being able to drive her around I'm itching to! (You've all been there, you know it.) So i hop in and take her on a spin on some local back roads.

Literally like some horror movie type stuff, a spider starts dangling down from my visor inches from my face. (Revoke my man card, I freaked the hell out.) pulled the car over and took care of him, then curiously checking the rest of my interior...

The passenger window/footing area have a lot of cob webs. I mean a LOT. I kind of shrugged in total denial of it all and drove the car home and gave it a one over to clean all of the webs out. I knew they would be back.

Lo and behold! This morning they're back, the same manner as they were. I even caught one of the little buggers in his web at the footing area. But I don't think this is the end, and that's where I come to you guys!

Has anyone dealt with something like this before? I really don't know where to begin on driving them out. Yeah i can drive the car around, but it's a bit unnerving re-thinking the first scenario. I am not a fan of our 8 legged fuzzy arachnid brothers.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could always try a smoke bomb but I would just give it a good cleaning with a vacuum to suck up the webs and spiders

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Insect spider spray everywhere. Open doors and spray every crevice including the windshield air du k intake for the cabin. Once you think it's under control replace the cabin filter. Also put the air vents on internal recirculate when you park it and spray. Avoid them coming it. Lastly and you won't like this. Place moth balls around the garage they should help drive them out. Good luck.

DangerMouse

They get in the side mirrors on every car I have owned. Had some webs on the outside of the car today, luckily none inside.

In my xb, there is constantly a string or two across the inside of the windshield.

Spiders can't be trusted, i feel your pain.

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for all of the replies guys! I almost forgot I made this thread. So what I ended up doing was spraying a ton of Ozium (Air sanitizer) all around the car and blasting the heat for a solid 20 minutes, and since a whole interior cleaning after such I haven't seen another web!

Crisis avoided. Hopefully. [like]

Chris,

I had a good laugh at the thought of you squealing at the sight of a spider, thanks!

Anyway, I had a similar issue with Megan's car. After a bunch of trial and error, we ruled out any kind of infestation in the car. Turns out the spiders were coming from a tree she would park under at work. Hopefully you fixed the issue, but if not they may be coming from something you park under or next to regularly.

Anyway, hit me up soon, let's get something going.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MisanthropiST Off Topic Discussions 6