Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Used vs New FIST

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
$800 dealer fee???? For what? The privilege of ripping you off? Tell them to stuff their "dealer fee" which is simply additional profit! Does Wally world charge a fee to buy something?
What other company tries to charge the customer to buy something?

FWIW, this car is owned by the dealer not Ford. It is financed through GMAC! This is a speculation car the dealer did not want snatched from him by another dealer which is why they have had it so long. With finance charges they are deep into the car, the question is do they want to cut their losses or hold out to try to recover the GMAC finance charges. With just the holdback and fee they are making $1500 over what Ford is kicking in with incentives to the dealer. Keep in mind the "invoice" in NOT what the dealer ends up paying Ford for a car and it says so on your invoice.

Time is on your side, bargain harder, walk away and wait for the phone call. Buying a car is a battle over your money, do your best to see that the outcome is a draw....where you both are happy with a price. What works for me to to simply go off on them about the fee. My normal response is, "Do you think I am effing crazy? Why would I pay you a fee to sell me a car?". Same with "Doc" fees, some states have laws covering what a dealer can try to charge for doc fees, others it is wild wild west days, I have seen up to $1000 "doc" fees!

I got an oxford white 2014 with no recaros, no sunroof for 16,500 out the door certified used with 100k mile powertrain warranty, car had 15,300 miles. I paid cash.
Although sometimes I do wish having had bought it new with recaros at 0% financing.. oh well

zanethan

I would go back and act interested in it. When it comes time to discuss number tell them that you want it for $21500 OTD. They're going to say they can't do that. Then walk away and say you have my number if you change your mind. Make sure you indicate that you'll be purchasing a car within the next few months. DO NOT CALL THEM. At this point the ball is in your court, calling them back gives them the upper hand in showing that you really want the car. It might take a while but I'm willing to bet that within a month they'll call you saying they can do the deal. If they never call back then it just wasn't meant to be.

At this point it's been sitting for a year and is depreciating since the '17s are hitting dealers. In January if they still have it they'll have to pay property tax on it and it will be new leftover stock.

Ford Community Posts